Stones "No tour or album in 2011"?

rtbuck

Reaction score
^^^^Great Movie indeed! It's a documentary from the wild Altamont 1969 show with most of the concert & is a must see for any rock fan. It's wild to see how out of control the concert got with the Hell's Angels hired to get security. One Angel slugged Mart Balin of Jefferson Airplane in the face onstage & there was so much violence during "Under My Thumb". The really wild part was when a guy in the audience was waving a pistol & then was stabbed to death by a Hell's Angel who spotted him. As far as concert footage I would take the other films because they're full concerts straight through but I feel this film is really important to see. I don't about the release of it on DVD because the cheapest I ever see it is for 35 bucks so I don't know if it has ever been massed released as the others have been.

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
I still get weirded out when I watch the footage of ''Sympathy For The Devil'' from the movie ''Gimme Shelter''.

All three Stone movies mentioned in this thread are worth getting, if you ask me.

But, I'd highly recommend ''Ladies And Gentlemen The Rolling Stones''

Back on topic...

And as far as the Stones, recording and touring again - I hope so.

Don't understand how even a half-baked Stones fan wouldn't want the Stones to tour and record again.

BTW, great posts as usual in this thread, rtbuck.

rtbuck

Reaction score
I must say if the Stones decide to tour or put out a new album then all the power to them. Performers tour well into 70's (Hell Chuck Berry is still going at age 84!). I'm sure if they didn't think they could pull off a tour whether it's for health reasons or whatever they wouldn't but I'm sure they could still have a successful tour. I think it's great if they could record another album. Had cancer not conquered Dio who was a year older than Mick you know he'd still be recording (he was right up to the end). I agree with Magic when she said "A Bigger Bang wasn't too shabby" so I look forward to them releasing something. If they still have it in them then why not??

Smoke The Sky

Reaction score
I agree with most of you, they don't need to release any new albums. Touring is enough for the greatest active band.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Members online