Still Whisky (new classic rock band)

Whiskydrinker

Reaction score
Still Whisky are a band from the Scottish Borders formed in June 2010.
The band has Allan on Vocals, Steve on Rhythm Guitar, Dean on Drums, Derek on Bass and Ciaran on Lead Guitar.
Allan and Steve formed the band then wrote and recorded an album together in the space of 4 weeks. We feel that this country is overloaded with indie and dance music and its about time we had a band that plays some old fashioned foot tapping drinking music! influences include George Thorogood, Johnny Cash, Creedance Clearwater, Grandfunk Railroad the list go's on.....and we deliberately tried to make the songs sound as raw and "old" as possible but at the same time fresh and new. We hope you enjoy our music as this is just the beginning..... Keep an eye out for our upcoming myspace and website and we thank you for your support. Cd's will be available soon!
See you on the road, keep that drink flowing!!

Allan

Below is the 7 songs we have up so far, your feedback would be appreciated! lots more on the way including a cover of the Bob Seger classic Turn the Page.... Cheers! :cheers2

STILL WHISKY

YouTube - Still Whisky - Frisky with the Whisky
YouTube - Still Whisky - Jack and Gin
YouTube - Still Whisky - Lady Corona
YouTube - Still Whisky - Tonic for the Blues
YouTube - Still Whisky - Rock on the Radio
YouTube - Still Whisky - Bottom of the Bottle
YouTube - Still Whisky - Ride On

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
Yes, kick out the jams and get those morose Scots to rock I say!

:rock:

There is nothing morose about any Scots I know ......... great bunch of fun loving folks :grinthumb

I have listened to all your songs on youtube Whiskydrinker and like what I am hearing!

Whiskydrinker

Reaction score
:grinthumb
There is nothing morose about any Scots I know ......... great bunch of fun loving folks :grinthumb

I have listened to all your songs on youtube Whiskydrinker and like what I am hearing!

thanks sunny! ive been in a thrash band for the last 8 years, this is the first time ive done anything like this (where im singing and not screaming my nuts off...) and feel its about time we had a new band that sounds like this...
:grinthumb

:cheers2

Allan

STILL WHISKY

Whiskydrinker

Reaction score
Just an update here, got a myspace up and running!
Still Whisky on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

havent done any photo's of the band yet....but the musics there! Gonna record a cover of the Bob Seger classic Turn the Page tonight plus another original....cant wait! :)

All feedback would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys!

Gonna be running a free cd promo soon so keep ur eyes peeled for that....

Allan

STILL WHISKY

RockinEd

Reaction score
I have feedback. The drums sound very electronic and it could use some more vintage tones.

I really like the songs and I would really like to produce a track for you. All I would need is MP3s of each instrument. I guarentee that you'll bloody love what I do.

Here's one I made earlier totally at home, this one is more early sabbath than CCR but I can do CCR easy...
YouTube - 1977

Whiskydrinker

Reaction score
I have feedback. The drums sound very electronic and it could use some more vintage tones.

I really like the songs and I would really like to produce a track for you. All I would need is MP3s of each instrument. I guarentee that you'll bloody love what I do.

Here's one I made earlier totally at home, this one is more early sabbath than CCR but I can do CCR easy...
YouTube - 1977

Hi mate, thanks for checking out the songs and for the feedback! yes we know the drums could do with sounding more old school...unfortunately we are based out in the countryside miles away from any decent recording or rehearsel space so we had to use a basic zoom multitrack and drum machine for these recordings so id need to rip every instument individually onto cd in order to send them as mp3.... :( going forward we are hoping to use live drums! we have all played metal for the last 8 years so i think a bit of that still creeps into this stuff, we have never done anything like this before and feel the world is crying out for stuff like this to make a return

RockinEd

Reaction score
Hi mate, thanks for checking out the songs and for the feedback! yes we know the drums could do with sounding more old school...unfortunately we are based out in the countryside miles away from any decent recording or rehearsel space so we had to use a basic zoom multitrack and drum machine for these recordings so id need to rip every instument individually onto cd in order to send them as mp3.... :( going forward we are hoping to use live drums! we have all played metal for the last 8 years so i think a bit of that still creeps into this stuff, we have never done anything like this before and feel the world is crying out for stuff like this to make a return

Well its all good so far and I'm totally looking forward to see what you guys come up with next!

The world IS TOTALLY crying out for stuff like this to make a return!
ROKK!

ed

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online