Steve Walsh quits Kansas

kath

astronomy domino's™
Reaction score
i've seen em a buncha times, early and late, but yeah, a shame.

that being said, those guys must get tired, though. mwhahaha.

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
In the last few months we have seen Dan McCafferty, Myles Goodwyn,Steve Walsh and possibly Eric Clapton retire from the road.

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
Maybe not a huge surprise since they weren't making new music anymore.

Still, one of my favorite 70's bands.

I wonder if they will continue. Some of the other members have been making new music as Native Window, do they continue that project, or continue as Kansas?

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I give them credit for going this long but for me the Kansas I loved ended when Kerry, Dave and Robbie left the band years ago. Still love Phil and Steve and their dedication to the band but this doesn't surprise me.

kath

astronomy domino's™
Reaction score
i saw em in the 70s for both leftoverture and point of know return tours.. mannn oh mannn. violin and hair for days. but i tell ya, they sounded kickass opening for yes on the masterworks tour in nashville... when was that, 02? reap remembers those kinds of details. i never do.

tkitna

Reaction score
I give them credit for going this long but for me the Kansas I loved ended when Kerry, Dave and Robbie left the band years ago. Still love Phil and Steve and their dedication to the band but this doesn't surprise me.

Same here, but they are one of my favorite bands and its tough to accept that its almost over. I've seen them live 15 times and I liked every show.

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
Saw them live some years back w/o Kerry Livgrin.tThey were really great anyway but have to say without Steve they will not really be more then a Kansas cover band to me. Robbie is awesome but can't carry the bulk of the front man role for my money. Replacing Steve and Kerry both with stand ins just ends it for me sad to say.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Staff online

Members online