Steely dan

How Do You Feel About Steely Dan???

• I HATE them. I'd rather listen to Radio Commercials!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fagen's 'The Nightfly' is better than any Steely Dan album

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Reaction score
Re: Let's Talk About Steely Dan!!

When I saw Yes, Jethro Tull and Supertramp they all played with no warm-up band and over 3 hours. I realize this hurts new up and coming bands, but when a band is at the peak of their popularity I love them doing a long set. Bruce Springsteen is another artist legendary for doing a great concert usually over 3 hours long.

yes, ZZ top and Aerosmith didn't have an opener, but I suppose ZZ Top was the opener :lmao: I really don't know though

and Joe Gruschecky put on an amazing show, it was a good 3 and a half, maybe close to four hours, and it wwas free :eek:hyeah:
My dad saw Grushchecky and Springsteen a bunch of times and said it was always incredible, which I can imagine, but he said even in bars and smaller venues it was amazing, long sets, tons of energy, great vibe... basically an ideal show

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
its allright, I think thats Billy Corgan in your signature, so youre allright in my book, I won't think any less of you :tongue:

Thanks eberg! That's Billy alright! Smashing Pumpkins are my personal number one band! :grinthumb As far as Steely Dan goes I personally don't believe there is such thing as bad music but I'm always honest if it's just not working for me! :D

Reaction score
Thanks eberg! That's Billy alright! Smashing Pumpkins are my personal number one band! :grinthumb As far as Steely Dan goes I personally don't believe there is such thing as bad music but I'm always honest if it's just not working for me! :D

ha, allright, I'll admit theres a few SP songs don't really do it for me either, allthough the majority of them do lol :heheh:
I'm just getting back into them a bit, they used to be on this radio station before they switched to... dare I say... rap:banghead: but I heard 1979 again, and it sparked me haha

Craig in Indy

Your cool Uncle
Reaction score
Gaucho is very much underrated. I think a convincing argument could be made that it's their best work. And if you have an SACD player and can still find the SACD version of the album, the sound will absolutely knock you out. Much, much better sonics than the highly-touted Aja.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Craig you're audiophile tendencies are showing again...:) Which is great, if you have your SACD copy of Gaucho feel free to send it my way, if it's anything like the Let It Bleed CD it would be awesome. I still have Gaucho on vinyl, but it has seen better days.

I liked Aja, but my favorite is still Royal Scam, for some reason that one just reaches me more than any of their other albums.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
No hurry Craig I know you have more important things on the agenda.;)

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score
Steely Dan is yet another band I had no albums by when I was in High School (probably because they didn't rock!)

Anyways... I always liked the songs heard on the radio such as Black Friday, Bodhisattva and Pretzel Logic, but it wasn't until I bought their box-set that I realized just how outstanding Steely Dan's entire catalogue of music was!

Favorite songs are Dirty Work, Midnight Cruiser, The Boston Rag, Show Biz Kids, Pearl of the Quarter, Night By Night, Any Major Dude Will Do, Any World That I'm Welcome To, The Caves of Altamira and Throw Back The Little Ones.

Now that I think about it, I just might have to cook up a homemade "Best Of Steely Dan" CD this weekend. :cheers:

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Members online