Status Quo "Frantic Four" era reunite [again] in 2014

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
The boys are back!

1374096_352091561593387_341072968_n.jpg

Tickets on general sale 9am GMT. That link on the picture is for the pre-sale, with all the UK dates currently sold out.

This is the one:
Status Quo 2014 Reunion tickets

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
In the unlikely (no, make that 'hell will freeze over first') chance that they come to the US, I would go to considerable trouble to get a ticket for that. That original Quo line up from the early to late 70's was one of THE great rock bands on the planet, in fact I can't think of another band from that era who basically made 9 straight back-to-back flawless classic albums (basically Dog of Two Heads in 1971 to Whatever You Want in 1979) without a blimp. So I will forgive them all the bubblegum pop dross that they have produced since if it means they are getting back together to tour. This news made me decide to get out Hello and Piledriver and Quo (imo their 3 best records) later on and give them a play,

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
I would like to get the Back 2 Sq.1 album, but I've started collecting the 'Japan 5 Albums Mini LP SHM-CD (Reissue 2013)' collection. These are Piledriver (1972) to Blue for You (1976) and they sound clear and sharp. Ma Kelly's Greasy Spoon may have been omitted for legal reasons, but they do include a live version of Gerdundula.

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
1377323_672202216131795_1458705370_n.png

4 extra shows added to the tour including a 3rd night at Hammersmith.

The Sound, you are spot on mate.

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
I wish Quo hadn’t appeared in an advert for one of our supermarkets ………… and yes lads, it’s VERY annoying :D

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
I wish Quo hadn’t appeared in an advert for one of our supermarkets ………… and yes lads, it’s VERY annoying :D

I maybe out of my mind here, Sunny, but I actually quite like that!!

At least it's easy to work out what it's for and what it's trying to achieve, most modern TV commercials are total bollocks and are so obscure and subliminal that they look like they should have been directed by Fellini... like you get the girl jumping from a helicopter by parachute and landing in Times Square, and she jumps into a sports car and drives off the end of the dock straight into the East River, and some guy in a wet-suit and snorkel rescues her and pulls her into his boat, and then they have a good snog and disappear arm in arm into the night.... and all the time it's an advert for men's anti-perspirant.

:bonk:

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
^ That's good to hear and what I would've expected. I noticed John Coghlan's Quo are still playing. What I would like to see is an album of new material from the frantic four.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Staff online

Members online