Stairway To Heaven Satanic?

Metal Health

Reaction score
I personally am very interested in this proposition of Stairway To Heaven being Satanic. Can you please watch this video and let me know what you think about it? Thanks!

Last edited:

Jake T

Running With The Pack
Reaction score
When you play the song backwards is where things get strange. It would take either a whole lot of thought and work, or was inspired. :uh:

But all this is subtle. There's a lot of rock/metal lyrics that aren't so subtle.

Hydrazoic Acid

Skeptic
Reaction score
You know, I can't see anything Satanic in this song. It's just a great song with deep and philosophical lyrics. Almost all the songs sounds strange in backwards - if we'll try "The Crystal Ship" by The Doors or "Child In Time" by Deep Purple - we'll hear no less otherworldly sounding... And really Satanic songs - it's an apanage of Deicide, Mayhem, Gorgoroth, etc.

Last edited:

mrJim

Reaction score
why is this always so important? is it a good thing or a bad thing ? does it make folks listen or not?

I think its the ambiguity that drives folks

Johnny-Too-Good

Reaction score
I sometimes think people are looking for stuff that just isn't there in a lot of the Led Zep songs. Although a huge amount of work went into the musicianship and production, Robert Plant would sometimes write the entire lyrical content of a track in a few minutes while sitting by an open fire smoking a spliff. Like Geezer Butler his lyrics were very much influenced by whatever he was reading at the time. A lot of Robert's mystical passages came as a result of his obsession with The Lord of the Rings.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online