Spotify

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
I have a free account with Spotify, the music streaming service. In essence, it is only somewhat different from satellite or terrestrial radio. You get to listen to the music you want and hear advertising as well. The best difference is that you have great control over what music you listen. But do most of you know that if you have the Spotify program on your laptop or even a tablet, because of the difference in coding, you can listen to entire albums in sequence?
Listening to Spotify with a free account on a mobile device such as a phone, the coding only allows for sort of random or partial playing of albums. Or a profile generated playlist. Songs are picked based on your listening preferences. But with Spotify on a tablet or laptop, even with a free account you can choose to listen to an entire album.
Sure, Spotify will continue to try to push "today's top hits" and an excessive amount of rap artists, things I have zero interest in, but I can live with that. While I am at work, if there is anything I want to listen to, I can either choose from the 28,000+ songs from my iTunes library, ripped from my personal music collection or, fill in the gaps by listening to entire albums or self created playlists on Spotify.

Mistral Wind

Reaction score
I only use Spotify on my laptop (with a free account) and I can listen to what I want. Yes, entire albums too (of course, there are advertisements). I just love it! It really makes easier to discover new music or deepen some artist's repertoire.
Then, if I really like something, I buy it. It seems fair to me.

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I use Spotiy daily,Premium is only a few dollars monthly. I listen at work and in my car. At home I listen to vinyl but I do have Spotify on my TV in case I need it.

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
Another thing I find strange is how often do you see a young teenage today, wearing a Queen shirt? Fleetwood Mac? Nirvana? Yes. Beatles? Yes. Misfits? Very rare but still more often than Queen and Fleetwood Mac combined.
My mid-America point of view.

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
An unofficial poll with my teenage children:
Kids in their classes that wear Beatles shirts: some
Kids in their classes that wear Nirvana shirts: some
Kids in their classes that wear Queen shirts: none
Kids in their classes that wear Fleetwood Mac shirts: none

STATUS QUO

Reaction score
My favourite people in the Universe are women who buy pre-torn jeans and wear Ramones T-Shirts.
They are the most shallow and fake people in the Universe.
I like to strike up a casual conversation with them to find out that their favourite singers are Mariah Carey and Celine Dion.
I ask them " Who are these Ram Ones? "
They say " Oh, it's just a T-Shirt "
They don't have a clue.

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
This morning I tested the app on my smart tv. Even with a free account, the Spotify app will allow complete access to full albums. Of course there was a total of about six minutes of commercials as I listened to Jefferson Starship’s Modern Times but I can live with that.

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
318E9818-2656-41F9-8C65-85052329843D.jpg
Now listening to a Carpenters playlist on Spotify.
Some of us lament the demise of “the mix tape”. Good thing we now have music on demand.

Aero

Reaction score
I went out and got a paid subscription as it's worth it to me. I especially like the Discover Weekly section of the app as I've found some really good songs on there I may never would've discovered on my own. They seem to know exactly what kinds of bands/singers I like to hear.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliverevans

Members online