Spinach/Beautiful Day

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
Is anyone familiar with the debut albums by Ultimate Spinach and the serenley named It's A Beautiful Day?In my mind,two albums one should have who wishes to indulge in '60's psychedelia while avoiding the usual almost cliche works in this area such as "Sgt. Pepper" or Jimi Hendrix.I also enjoy the Strawberry Alarm Clock,who believe it or not are currently working on a new record..................

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
White Bird is a favorite. I am familiar with all the artists you listed. :)

ABeautifulDay-original-LPRECORD-161577_zps3b572706.jpg

PapaJacques

Obligatory New Guy
Reaction score
Is anyone familiar with the debut albums by Ultimate Spinach and the serenley named It's A Beautiful Day?In my mind,two albums one should have who wishes to indulge in '60's psychedelia while avoiding the usual almost cliche works in this area such as "Sgt. Pepper" or Jimi Hendrix.I also enjoy the Strawberry Alarm Clock,who believe it or not are currently working on a new record..................

Strawberry Alarm Clock are doing a new record? Happy days, that's good news! When's the release date?

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
You can get on the band's official website and ask one of the band members themselves.Particularly bassist,floutist and writer George Bunnell,who has been the member of the band who has answered most of my inquiries.All I know is they haven't been spending much time on the site recently due to writing and producing the new CD.In addition to this,they've been doing a lot of shows up and down California.Other than obviously LA,where they have at least near legendary status,they apparently are really big in San Diego.They put on a CD in 2012 called "Wake Up Where You Are" in case you want to listen to recent Alarm Clock CD until the new one comes out................

tkitna

Reaction score
'Its A Beautiful Day' has been on my to do list for years. Just never got around to getting the CD.

Mr. Shadow

"Classic" Member
Reaction score

It's A Beautiful Day - It's A Beautiful Day [Full Album]

Ultimate Spinach Full Album ( Psyche )

Moondog - Moondog (1969) [Full Album]

Gandalf - Gandalf (Full Stereo Album) (1969)

Mr. Shadow

"Classic" Member
Reaction score
The Fool - The Fool (1969)

The 13th Floor Elevators - Easter Everywhere (Full Rare Mono Album) (1967)

Incredible String Band - The Hangman's Beautiful Daughter (Full Album)

Jefferson Airplane Live at Woodstock 69' (12 track)

Wolf

Reaction score
I believe Ultimate Spinach's first two albums charted nationally without the benefit of a single not easy to do. I got to know Richard Nese the bass player for Spinach who lives not to far from me. He doesn't get to high or low regarding his Spinach days I don't think any of them got a long with leader Ian Bruce Douglas.

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
I believe Ultimate Spinach's first two albums charted nationally without the benefit of a single not easy to do. I got to know Richard Nese the bass player for Spinach who lives not to far from me. He doesn't get to high or low regarding his Spinach days I don't think any of them got a long with leader Ian Bruce Douglas.

Wow, that's cool you know him! Thanks for the tasty tidbits! :grinthumb

Wolf

Reaction score
No problem, pretty sure he still has his original equipment saw his amp at a home/car audio store I think it was an Ampeg. He's a plumber now I will be calling him next time I need one,lol

Wow, that's cool you know him! Thanks for the tasty tidbits! :grinthumb

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online