Spin magazine's top 100 guitarists of all time!

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Skrillex! :wtf: :bonk: :rolleyes: :omg:

That being said I never understand guitar list without Billy Corgan so with him at #63 I'm happy and can forget the mind**** above! :grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I'd like to see the list, but it won't click past the READ ON link. It moves right over to the Lars Interview.

Tried clicking the photo too....right to the Lars interview :heheh:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
OK nevermind I got it...I went about 5 pages back to front...then I went about 2 pages from front to back....

....I quit looking :oyea:

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Well that list seemed pretty appropriate for Spin Magazine. There were some people who usually get snubbed that I liked seeing and it was a refreshing alternative (I use that word strongly) to the usual "Hendrix-Page-Clapton-etc" lists. Can't say that I agree with a lot of their choices but it was still a nice change of pace.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What the **** at Skrillex?

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Well I managed to wade through that entire list...some good choices but some others I don't know anything about.

Cosmic said it's "refreshing" to see a list without the usual suspects...she is more generous than I am I would use another adjective to describe this collection.:D

It really isn't fair to lump them all in like this anyway. A decade by decade ranking of the top 10 or 20 would be much better and carry more weight.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
I could not find Jimi Hendrix at all, never mind Alvin Lee, Ritchie Blackmore, Jimmy Page, Carlos Santana, Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, Tony McPhee, Robin Trower, Tony Bourge, Tom Scholtz, Al DiMeola, Pat Thrall, Pat Travers, Gary Moore, Peter Green, Jan Akkerman, Gary Boyle, Alex Lifeson, Ted Nugent, Mick Green, Hank Marvin and Pete Townshend. John McLaughlin is at No. 44. I've never even heard of the number one greatest guitarist of all time, Lee Ranaldo & Thurston Moore!

Some of the comments at the bottom of the page made me laugh although I felt for the person who had subscribed for two years!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DebDimond

Staff online

Members online