Spencer Davis (Official Thread)

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
Re: Spencer Davis

I think improved the sound of every band he was in ! It`s that voice!

Quite true :grinthumb

I am falling in love with his voice ALL over again..I went through a period that he was overplayed in the 80's but I still loved him ! I never knew however what a diverse musician he was ? Really talented!

Spencer Davis he was very young/like 16-18 years old ! I mean that voice ?:omg:AMAZING for such a young guy...

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Another Awesome band Garrett ! Happy Birthday Spencer Davis

my man, Steve Winwood in there too :)

I was really amazed when I saw how young Steve was when he started performing professionally.

I think I have One Spencer Davis song in the collection, on my Blues Brothers OST album.

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score

I was really amazed when I saw how young Steve was when he started performing professionally.

I think I have One Spencer Davis song in the collection, on my Blues Brothers OST album.

I know L.G. he's like 16 or so..I remember reading a bio that he was with them when he was like 15-17 years old before he joined Traffic ! Amazing career !

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^He is one Rock Star that many others would do well to emulate. Dedicated family man, never causing a fuss in public, respected by his peers. And his solo albums are top notch, especially Arc of a Diver and Back In The High Life Again.

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score

^^He is one Rock Star that many others would do well to emulate. Dedicated family man, never causing a fuss in public, respected by his peers. And his solo albums are top notch, especially Arc of a Diver and Back In The High Life Again.

At the age of 14 Winwood joined the Spencer Davis Group, along with his older brother ****, who later had success as a record producer. Steve's distinctive high tenor singing voice and vocal style drew comparisons to Ray Charles.{from Wiki} :wtf:

Holy crap 14 ? Thats crazy ! I had to look it up Lg I knew he was really young!

I love Back In The High Life..reminds me of my college days ..sweet time indeed :grinthumb

Heres' the young lad :grinthumb

Last edited by a moderator:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^I'll be the laughs when he sees himself looking that young on stage these days Astrid...:heheh:

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score

^^I'll be the laughs when he sees himself looking that young on stage these days Astrid...:heheh:

If you look close..he even has pimples LG lol..:heheh:

I bet he couldn't even get into the bars they played his music in ? Well the laws in Europe might be different ? But still :heheh:

14 too young to be in bars here !

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ByronPasch

Members online

No members online now.