Slayer (Official Thread)

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Re: Slayer

I love Slayer!!

When I first heard them I thought "what is this crap?", and I laughed at Tom Araya's vocals. But they definitley grew on me. Their best album is Reign in Blood; South of Heaven being a very close second.

my favorite Slayer songs are

Mandatory Suicide
Skeletons of Society
Behind The Crooked Cross
Jesus Saves
Raining Blood
South of Heaven
Dissident Agressor
Spill The Blood

Awesome list of favorites !!

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

The next three releases, with Divine Intervention being a cover album are weaker than the "Unholy Trinity". With God Hates Us All the lyrical compositions become more brutal. Christ Illusion sees an improvement as does World Painted Blood.

BTW, I'm not a big fan of Anthrax either.

Undisputed Attitude is actually the cover album, Joe. It is a collection of covers from some of the punk rock that influenced Slayer ,and one original( "Gemini" )tune that I really like a lot

Divine Intervention is a Cd that is filled entirely w/ Slayer originals ( it has some pretty damn good stuff on it like Ditto Head and the S/T track). I like it much better then Diabolus in Musica and God Hates Us All, which are my least favorite out their originals.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Nothing personal LG, but I think you may lack an ear for this type of brutal thrash.:tongue:
Slayer are far from repetitive to these ears. Reign in Blood and South of Heaven are two completely different albums ,as are Hell Awaits and Season in the Abyss, etc. etc.

Perhaps this stuff is just not to your taste. :D

No denying the truth of that DKW, I like other genres of metal more than thrash brutal or not.;)

After reading Joe's post I might give South of Heaven another listen, been a long time since I played any of their music.

joe

Reaction score

Undisputed Attitude is actually the cover album, Joe. It is a collection of covers from some of the punk rock that influenced Slayer ,and one original( "Gemini" )tune that I really like a lot

Divine Intervention is a Cd that is filled entirely w/ Slayer originals ( it has some pretty damn good stuff on it like Ditto Head and the S/T track). I like it much better then Diabolus in Musica and God Hates Us All, which are my least favorite out their originals.

I screwed up:bonk:. You're absolutely right Wolf.

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score

seeing them 10.06.10 Baltimore, MD, 10.08.10 Uniondale, Long Island, NY, and 10.09.10Scranton, PA. getting the tickets for free can't really complain about seeing them 3 nights in a row.

Should be a crazy couple of days haha. Will be banged up and deaf for a bit. That is pretty much a given.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

I saw them years ago when they were touring w/ Meshuggah as an opener .
They were freakin' intense to put it mildly . Have fun :cheers2

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score

I saw them years ago when they were touring w/ Meshuggah as an opener .
They were freakin' intense to put it mildly . Have fun :cheers2

Thanks man.

Oh and for the people who read this and say they are repetative haha.

here is a funny video to watch about it.

also will put up another one about them as well.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Members online