Slayer (Official Thread)

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
New "Slayer" track:

It seems that a lot of people do not like it and of course there's going to be a lot of people who refuse to like it, but I actually think it's a cool track. Brave for a band who is already under critique for playing on without two key members to release a track that goes slightly against what people would expect.

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
It's not too bad... I love World Painted Blood & Christ Illusion so a bit of a let down single wont be keeping me from having high interest in the next Slayer album.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
New song was like Implode in the sense that it was just ok but really not that good.

Vader

Reaction score
Anyone else listening to the new Slayer release ? Thoughts, opinions, gripes ??!?

5737809.jpg

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The album nearly put me to sleep personally. Had a couple of decent riffs but overall the album felt bland, lifeless and uninspired. Holt is better off just sticking with Exodus because their album last year was actually good.

Vader

Reaction score
The album nearly put me to sleep personally. Had a couple of decent riffs but overall the album felt bland, lifeless and uninspired. Holt is better off just sticking with Exodus because their album last year was actually good.

I found it pretty bland as well on first listen it did grow on me slightly after a second one...however over all I don't think it is anything other than a mediocre Slayer album.

I agree Holt should use his talents in the pursuit of kicking ass in Exodus. Blood In Blood Out is light years a head of Repentless I will probably give this new Slayer release a couple more spins but highly doubt it becomes anything more then just an OK release to these ears.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I found it pretty bland as well on first listen it did grow on me slightly after a second one...however over all I don't think it is anything other than a mediocre Slayer album.

I agree Holt should use his talents in the pursuit of kicking ass in Exodus. Blood In Blood Out is light years a head of Repentless I will probably give this new Slayer release a couple more spins but highly doubt it becomes anything more then just an OK release to these ears.

Agreed. I didn't really expect much from this album and it pretty well met those low expectations. lol Listening to a band like Revocation lately and those guys are what thrash is about.

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score

ooooooooooooh s***
Agreed. I didn't really expect much from this album and it pretty well met those low expectations. lol Listening to a band like Revocation lately and those guys are what thrash is about.
thank F*** I`m not the only one think its bland...where are the mighty SLAYER...

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online