Skin Tappers

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
^^I have restored the civility in this thread, let's try and play nice gentlemen.;)

Sox did not put any limitations on which bands to post in here so that leaves it wide open. If you don't like a particular choice, simply ignore it and move on.

Like I did with the Sepulthura tracks...sorry Mud I am not a fan of theirs.:nw:

I do like the Lombardo vid though.:D

Yea haha I figured you are not. They have a great drummer though.

Here is another great punk drummer. I have seen this band live about 12 times.

Byron McMackin is a tight drummer.

joe

Reaction score
Mickey Bradley from Steamhammer show cases his talents in "For Against" from the album Speech(1972). The drum solo starts at the 2'40" mark of the video. Sadley he died just after the release of this album from leukemia.

Journeyman drummer Bobby Caldwell first palyed with Johnny Winter on "Johnny Winter and Live" and "Saints and Sinners" albums. He then helped form Captain Beyond and released thier great s/t debut in 1972. He left the band in 1973 to drum on Rick Derringer's "All American Boy".

In 1975 he teamed up with Martin Pugh and Louis Cennamo from Steamhammer and Kieth Relf from the Yardbirds to form Armageddon. The results was a fantastic hard rock s/t debut from 1975. The song "Buzzard" IMO, is one of the best drumming I've heard for a hard rock song of the 70's. The band desolved and he went back to Captain Beyond for thier 1977 release "Dawn Explosion".

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
Dave Grohl has IMO allways been a great drummer. Nirvana he helped make them with his heavy hitting and his fills.

Queens of The Stone Age he really shined on Songs For The Deaf.

Here is my favorite song he did on that album.

Here is my favorite track drumming wise from him with Nirvana.

Travis Barker is a great drummer, but he is really hyped as hell by kids today, but this song his drumming was really creative.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Mitch was a fantastic drummer IMO

and so was Mr. Barlow, once described by John Bonham as Englands greatest rock drummer. :cheers2

Last edited:

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
Taylor Hawkins IMO is a fantastic drummer, and you'll rarely find more drum orientated songs than in a drummer's solo projects. So here is Taylor with his own band, The Coattail Riders:

And one with the Foo Fighters for good measure:

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Dave Grohl has IMO allways been a great drummer. Nirvana he helped make them with his heavy hitting and his fills.

Queens of The Stone Age he really shined on Songs For The Deaf.

Agree 100% :grinthumb Dave Grohl is one of my favourite drummers, and did a cracking job as guest drummer on Songs for the Deaf.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

and so was Mr. Barlow, once described by John Bonham as Englands greatest rock drummer. :cheers2

^^I have to agree Barrimore is one of my favorites.:bow:

joe

Reaction score
Three Legends:

Billy Bruford on Heart of the Sunrise from Yessongs:

Carl Palmer on a live version of Toccata from 1974:

Terry Bozzio on the Spanish-flamenco influenced Duende from Bozzio Levin Stevens release Black Light Syndrome:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FernandoRu

Staff online

Members online