Show us your axe

Old Dude

I do not suffer fools gladly.
Reaction score
My two main guitars, and Epiphone Dot Studio and a Dean Boca 12 String. The chrome deer is just for decoration.

15941224_10212450749566045_6597701588756013300_n.jpg

Speed King

Rockin to the East & West
Reaction score
I've never had an electric 12 string, only an acoustic. I always thought if got one it would be a double neck.

Also, I like the shiney metallic venison, kind of reminds me of the golden calf from The Ten Commandmets.

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
I used to own three bass guitars ; baby blue rose wood 5 string Dean. An acoustic electric four string and a red B.C. Rich four string thrasher ...the first were stolen years ago and I still have the B.C. Rich but it's nothing to look at.
Haven't played seriously in about a decade.

Oh, I also have one more battle axe ..lol

Old Dude

I do not suffer fools gladly.
Reaction score
I've never had an electric 12 string, only an acoustic. I always thought if got one it would be a double neck.

I had a chance to play a double neck Epiphone. It wasn't as great as I thought it would be. For one thing, tuning is a bitch. There's no clearance between the tuners between the two necks. It would come in handy if you're playing some big, over-the-top production number like Stairway to Heaven live. But for most songs, you're going to play either one or the other. I also prefer a semi-hollow to a solid body. I've never seen a decent semi-hollow double neck.

The worst thing about 12 strings is that you spend half your time tuning, and the other half playing out of tune. Still, that Dean running through my Vox AD30 modeling amp set to emulate an AC-30 has more chime and jangle than I know what to do with.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Staff online

Members online