Sex Pistols vs Ramones?

• Sex Pistols

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Ramones

Votes: 17 77.3%

• Total voters

rtbuck

Reaction score
Ramones over Pistols. The Pistols were going to end from the moment they began and by design to boot.

Now the Ramones were/are great but there are a few bands from that same time I take over them as well but this Ramones vs Pistols and Ramones win that everytime

Jim

I still can't believe me & you actually got to see the Ramones with... The phenomenal FORGOTTEN REBELS opening for them!! I just wish you were old enough to see Johnny Thunders when he came up w/ Green Jello(who were actually called the Kenmore Dolls that night!). Still seeing the Ramones, all those Rebels & Fems shows, of course the greatest show of all Iggy & all the other shows in the late 80's/early 90's were phenomenal times.

mrJim

Reaction score
I still can't believe me & you actually got to see the Ramones with... The phenomenal FORGOTTEN REBELS opening for them!! I just wish you were old enough to see Johnny Thunders when he came up w/ Green Jello(who were actually called the Kenmore Dolls that night!). Still seeing the Ramones, all those Rebels & Fems shows, of course the greatest show of all Iggy & all the other shows in the late 80's/early 90's were phenomenal times.
Yeah missing Johnny Thunders will always be something i'll wish turned out differently. The timing of that was so early i just missed it.

But the Romones / Rebels show was special. Just to be able to say I seen the Ramones is awesome. But the number 1 alltime is that Iggy Pop show. I have been lucky to see alot of good shows but Iggy will never be unseated as #1

Jim

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score

OldHippie

Resident Yooper
Reaction score
The Ramones by a Micromillimeter. The Pistols had a more I'm a Punk Rocker attitude but the Ramones were more fun. I mean c'mon sedated for 24 hours. sheer genius.

BikerDude

Dude
Reaction score
I like them both.
But I consider the Ramones the quintessential punk rock band.
The overt "stupidity" of the Ramones was IMO a direct reaction to the Hippies and their politics and endless "cause" kind of bullshit.
Punk just wanted to rock without the politics and exteranious bull.
Of course it was Johnny Rotten who coined the phase "never trust a hippie"
So in that sense the Romones and the Pistols where brethren.
But I find the Ramones the original pure condensation of the ethos.
Mostly I'll take the Ramones. They seem more pure with a lot less preaching.

Last edited:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LillaMackr

Members online