• Sex Pistols

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Ramones

Votes: 17 77.3%

• Total voters

Texas King

Reaction score
Which punk rock band do you prefer?
My choice are Pistols and it's not even close. Pistols are true rebellious punkers, Ramones were just posers who made the simple music for kids.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
In my opinion I would go for The Ramones. A great fun band with some catchy tunes.
:heheh: I must be a kid...at 55 ! :wa

Last edited:

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Which punk rock band do you prefer?
My choice are Pistols and it's not even close. Pistols are true rebellious punkers, Ramones were just posers who made the simple music for kids.

You aren't far off with that statement, but I still enjoy the Ramones more than the Sex Pistols. I guess it's the inner child in me. :oyea:

rtbuck

Reaction score
Ramones definitely over the Pistols... I lived through it. Pistols music was/is energetic & fun especially Pretty Vacant but the Pistols were just puppets following their manager Malcolm Maclaren & lining his pockets w/cash.

The Ramones were/still are real rock & roll. Always had fun listening to the Ramones & I'll take Rocket to Russia over Nevermind the Bullocks but I'll take Johnny Thunders & the Heartbreakers L.A.M.F. over both of those albums

Johnny-Too-Good

Reaction score
Texas King - you should have organised a poll. For me both bands have been massively over hyped and over-rated over a period of decades. Both of them were extremely limited with their repertoire, and have lived in some kind of legendary world as if they changed rock music forever. They didn't. While these two bands were at their 'peak' albums like 'Hotel California' and 'Rumours' were sweeping all before them. You could maybe say metal changed because of them and others like them. It speeded up.

mrJim

Reaction score
Ramones over Pistols. The Pistols were going to end from the moment they began and by design to boot.

Now the Ramones were/are great but there are a few bands from that same time I take over them as well but this Ramones vs Pistols and Ramones win that everytime

Jim

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I really can't stand when people use the term posers. I enjoy both tbh.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online