Seven Mary Three (Official Thread)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Re: The Official Seven Mary Three Thread

Honestly I dont find them at all like Pearl Jam, they definitely have similarities due to the grungy feel of the music. I would link them more closely to bands like Collective soul or Days of the New and possibly Puddle of Mud, all these sound very similar. The style these bands use isn't so much the music, I believe, but the vocal style. The yarl type vocal. Singing like your bottom lip is fat and your teeth are clenched while the "r's" get rolled over the tongue.

To say this is a rip off of Pearl Jam would be untrue, since Ronnie Dio was the first to use this style extensively. Then the next culprits to use this vocal style were Cloverdale and Glen Hughes of Deep Purple. Seven Mary Three sounds nothing at all like any of these bands...............

Seven Mary Three is just a victim of what sound is popular for the post-grunge genre. Personally, I like both grunge and post-grunge. Actually post-grunge, the music isn't quite so "angry".

Well said Magic! :cheers: Personally, I think the acoustic material is where they shine and Last Kiss kicks ass! personally, I think these guys were the revivalist of southern style in music by mixing it into the grunge era. Another band that probably benefited from their presence is Shinedown! :grinthumb

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score

I like their first two albums. Favorite song: Oven

F

FoxyPage

I totally forgot these guys even existed. I'll have to go listen to their songs again. Man, I forget everything about this band.....

Ekans

Reaction score

I like the new album that I think came out last year.It has some great songs on it.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

I like the new album that I think came out last year.It has some great songs on it.

I agree Ekans! That new c.d. (2008) was what revitalized my interest in them. It was just such a catchy album from a band that stills playing because they enjoy it! The choruses on that album were catchier than most of pop radio now!

snakes&ladders

Reaction score

Amazing band.....must dust off some of their tunes :):)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

I just found this live version of this song! randomly found it and it got me into a major mood for the band:

Without You Feels

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I'm really getting in a mood for these guys again. My friends band decided to cover "Cumbersome" and I recommended my favorite "Last Kiss" to them as I think it's an awesome blend of energetic rock with a great pop hook that they could make their own since it never got much exposure as opposed to "Cumbersome" and "Waters Edge" which were big at the time. Anyway, while looking at them I found they had a new live album since the last album I bought and listened to it on Spotify. One of the songs I really dug was called "Southwestern States" which I found I owned the original on c.d.! That album "Orange Ave." is a real sleeper of an album that shared songs with "Rock Crown" so I had bought it used but never really played it much. Come to find out it's a real sleeper album which means I think I'll like it. Anyway, I love both the studio and live version of this song! :grinthumb

Southwestern State

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarrelDeSa

Members online