1995 Churn
1995 American Standard
1997 Rock Crown
1998 Orange Ave.
2001 The Economy of Sound
2004 Dis/Location
2008 Day & Night Driving
2010 Backbooth

Seven Mary Three are one of the few nineties bands that are still putting out great music today IMO! Their breakthrough album

American Standard
1c3d810ae7a0610a2b439110.L.jpg

had the two big singles that gave them their name! I consider these redneck grunge classics!

Cumbersome

Waters Edge

After that success they followed up with an even better album that was a departure from the first.

Rock Crown
7Mary3_RockCrown_cover.png

This album was a more somber, laid back affair with some great acoustic tracks. My favorites being:

Lucky

Times Like These

After this Seven Mary Three went through a poppier rock stage with this single highlighted as an example:

Wait

Finally with their most recent offering:

Day And Nightdriving

album-day-nightdriving.jpg

they mixed their old and new sound together perfectly. It's my favorite release from them.

The single is my idea of pop rock perfection:

Last Kiss

Other great ones from it are:

Hammer & A Stone

Dead Days In The Kitchen

Any other Seven Mary Three fans?

Last edited:

eccentric man

Reaction score
Re: The Official Seven Mary Three Thread

i remember when 'cumbersome' first came out. i had the exact same reaction as the first time i heard creed.... who the hell is this weak pearl jam ripoff?

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

It is well known that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.;)

I don't know much about this band, but I'm not a big Pearl Jam fan either so even if there are some similarities it won't bother me.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

i remember when 'cumbersome' first came out. i had the exact same reaction as the first time i heard creed.... who the hell is this weak pearl jam ripoff?

There's a huge difference! Pearl jam are a bunch of burned out hippies and Seven Mary Three are a bunch of rednecks! :lmao: Consequently I like both but when it comes to older material I prefer Pearl Jam and on new material I prefer Seven Mary Three!

eccentric man

Reaction score

it's all good. shouldn't be a surprise that i didn't really get into them though.

i have to say that it's funny to hear a lot of people complain about how the internet is killing music but how else could a one hit wonder from over a decade ago get a half dozen of their videos (and examples of their post-hit material) be easily presented to the public?

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

it's all good. shouldn't be a surprise that i didn't really get into them though.

i have to say that it's funny to hear a lot of people complain about how the internet is killing music but how else could a one hit wonder from over a decade ago get a half dozen of their videos (and examples of their post-hit material) be easily presented to the public?

Good point! I'm one of the ones who never complains about finding music and on top of that all but one of these songs is on a physical c.d. that I paid money for! The internet is my main starting point! :grinthumb

Ekans

Reaction score

My band went out on tour with them for 6 weeks in 2007 and they were the best duds you would ever want to meet..

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

My band went out on tour with them for 6 weeks in 2007 and they were the best duds you would ever want to meet..

What is your bands name? You should share some stories with us in the musicians corner forum :)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

I finally found some official videos that youtube was lacking before and edited them into my original thread! :bump:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Honestly I dont find them at all like Pearl Jam, they definitely have similarities due to the grungy feel of the music. I would link them more closely to bands like Collective soul or Days of the New and possibly Puddle of Mud, all these sound very similar. The style these bands use isn't so much the music, I believe, but the vocal style. The yarl type vocal. Singing like your bottom lip is fat and your teeth are clenched while the "r's" get rolled over the tongue.

To say this is a rip off of Pearl Jam would be untrue, since Ronnie Dio was the first to use this style extensively. Then the next culprits to use this vocal style were Cloverdale and Glen Hughes of Deep Purple. Seven Mary Three sounds nothing at all like any of these bands...............

Seven Mary Three is just a victim of what sound is popular for the post-grunge genre. Personally, I like both grunge and post-grunge. Actually post-grunge, the music isn't quite so "angry".

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarrelDeSa

Members online