Serious Discussion forum is closing.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
After careful staff consideration, and the results of the members poll, we will be closing the Serious Discussion and Debates forum on July 1st.

All the threads and posts will NOT be deleted. Instead, they will be moved to the Archives where they can still be viewed.

At this time, we have no plans to open any private forum for political, religious, or other sensitive/controversial subject discussions. If you wish to discuss these type of topics, feel free to open a private social group and send out invites to people to join the group.

Thanks for all your help in making this difficult decision :)

Magic and the gang at CRF.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
I think it's a good idea to leave it at a private invite social group..:cheers2

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^There were some really good intelligent discussions, unfortunately passions and emotions got the better of some people so at the end of the day to promote the nice ambiance we are trying to establish here closing the SDF seemed like the logical choice. I enjoy healthy debate myself, and am torn between the maintenance of that sub-forum and the fun I had in it...oh well as Magic said someone can create a user-group for now if they want to talk about important world shaping events.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
User groups aren't bad as you get to pick who you converse with so their is no excuse for fighting. If you run a user group you can kick someone out and if they don't like it they can start their own! :heheh: There may be like two users in a group but oh well! :lmao:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I don't have the time to join any of them myself,,,but I am sure if someone like Thumper wants to start one, and Doesn't invite people who cannot display good forum decorum, then it would be a decent replacement for the SDF. It's up to them, and as you said the founders can kick out any troublemakers as they see fit.:heheh:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
That is why there is a PM system Lady, and there are literally 1,000's of Serious News Groups out there if that is what you are looking for, while I like to stay current I can do that without having a SDF in here, if it caused too many hard feelings then it outweighed it's benefits.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notmrdurden

Staff online

Members online