Seasurfer [ Official thread ]

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
SEASURFER........They describe their music as "Dreampunk/Shoegazer noise/pop. Based in Hamburg Germany.They released their highly rated debut album this year entitled "Dive in ".I must admit when I first heard their wall of sound of effects I was literally blown away !! :grinthumb.Influences...Slowdive,Cocteau Twins,The Cure,My Bloody Valentine,Placebo etc
They are currently working on a new album....Promising band !!

New current line up

Julia Beyer...vocals
Dirk Knight...guitars
Volker Zacharias...bass
Jojo Brandt....guitars

On the "Dive in" album features ex vocalist Dorian E and Mikel Wegener on bass

Stay/Winterblume/Cloudjumping/

Attachments

• seasurfer.jpg
    seasurfer.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 39
  • images.jpghfxfxb.jpg
    images.jpghfxfxb.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 39

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
I hope you like them Sweaty :grinthumb I will be monitoring this band very often especially as Volker Zacharias has joined the band. He was previously vocalist with one of my favourite Darkwave bands of all time GIRLS UNDER GLASS every album they did were classics in their genre. Volker has joined the band as a bassist....that is a massive surprise ! The connection doesn't just end there as SEASURFER have also been using another G.U.G legend Axel Ermes studio with his help.

Here is another great track from the album :grinthumb

We run

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Glad you like them Sunny :) I think they are well worth checking out.

Mixed feelings about the band.....1. Im really excited by Volker joining the group :bow:
2. Sad to see ex vocalist Dorian E no longer involved with SEASURFER anymore, she has done a fantastic job on the debut album.Her vocal style is a little different to the usual female vocal style you find with shoegaze bands.....but I think it works a treat !:grinthumb
3. SEASURFER have gone for experience and replaced Dorian E with Julia Beyer who has made her name with darkwave bands Chandeen and Technoir

Heres Julia singing with Technoir......:grinthumb

Dying star

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
It seems Dorian E has returned to electro band DEAR STRANGE....hoping to release their debut album in 2015. Hmm...when does a project become a band ? Another band to look out for !
I really like this video to "Unicorn"......strange ? yes very creepy! Dorians vocals are excellent. I wish them well

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
This is it ! The latest SEASURFER recordings with Julia on vocals. Absolutely brilliant :bow: Iam in shoegaze heaven ! I will have to wait a while I guess for the new album,but what a promising start !

Fireworks

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Another new track from SEASURFER . Taken from the "Headlights e,p"
Cool stuff !.......:grinthumb

No Happy day

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Looking forward to new releases by the band

Dagger [ a cover of a SLOWDIVE song ] /Fireworks [live]........just check out how many pedal effects the guitarist has ! :grinthumb

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Iam still in love with SEASURFERs debut album "Dive in ", every track is a gem.
Mesmerising sounds...this is the BEST album of this genre since the early Cocteau Twins albums :bow:
Robin Guthrie of the Cocteau Twins has done a remix of the album,in a pale blue cover...I will have to track that down.

Another great track...

Hide

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentonBeo

Members online