Seasick Steve (Official Thread)

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Seasick Steve is awesome. He's got a new album coming out in a couple of months:

Seasick Steve releases his sensational new album, ‘Sonic Soul Surfer’, March 23rd on Caroline International.

Produced and written by Seasick Steve and recorded in his front room at the little farm where he lives, it's his seventh studio record and most ambitious work yet. Along with longtime drummer Dan Magnusson, the album also features Luther Dickinson (Mississippi All Stars) playing slide guitar on two tracks, Georgina Leach on fiddle, and Ben Miller playing jaw harp on lead track ‘Summertime Boy’, a song celebrating the life and sunshine of California.

The whole record is mostly me and Dan sitting there drinking and playing, says Steve. There ain’t a whole lot of producing going on! But I know what I’m doing and I know what I want.

Since appearing on Jools Holland’s Hootenanny New Year’s Eve 2006, Seasick Steve’s career both on record and onstage has gone from strength to strength. It’s been quite a ride, and in the process he has established himself as one of the best live acts in music today. Fans of all ages can testify to this, having witnessed incredible live performances at festivals and venues round the world.

Tracks
1 Roy’s Gang
2 Bring It On
3 Dog Gonna Play
4 In Peaceful Dreams
5 Summertime Boy
6 Swamp Dog
7 Sonic Soul Boogie
8 Right On Time
9 Barracuda ‘68
10 We Be Moving
11 Your Name
12 Heart Full Of Scars

0602547032645.jpg

Sunfist

Reaction score
Wow I was surprised, this was MUCH better than I was expecting. Great song writing and he plays a fine guitar as well. Does he play the fiddle on here too or is that somebody else. Just wondering. Where can you get his CD's?

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Wow I was surprised, this was MUCH better than I was expecting. Great song writing and he plays a fine guitar as well. Does he play the fiddle on here too or is that somebody else. Just wondering. Where can you get his CD's?

If your local record store does not have them, you can definitely find them on Amazon.

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
don't now why but some of the people I play seasick steve to just don't get him...:rolleyes:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoustonBoy

Staff online

Members online