Seamus vs Several Species of Small Furry Animals...

Seamus vs Several Species Of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together In A Cave...

• Total voters

Johnny-Too-Good

Reaction score
Several Species etc simply because it has to be the daftest song title ever in the history of rock/pop music :gig

KingHeadache

Banned
Reaction score
Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict..........as long as they´re not GNATS !!

Khor1255

Reaction score
Seamus. The novelty of the cute title wears out about halfway through the second listen of Several Species.

Seamus is another throwaway song but I'll take an actual song over a studio dalliance any day.

Jonny Come Lately

The New Kid In Town
Reaction score
Some interesting responses so far - my suspicion that the results of this poll would be largely dependent on the voter's opinion of Several Species of Small Furry Animals... has proven more or less correct (i.e. several people who voted for Seamus did so out of dislike for Several Species rather than any particular fondness for Seamus).

I think both of these recordings (not sure you can call Several Species... a song!) are far from the quality of Pink Floyd's best music, neither comes close to songs like If or A Pillow Of Winds, let alone Floyd classics like Comfortably Numb or Time.

On a subjective scale of 0-5 for song quality:
5 - Great
4 - Good
3 - Decent
2 - OK
1 - Bad
0 - Not music!
Seamus scores 2, Several Species scores 0.

On a subjective scale of 0-5 for humour:
5 - Hilarious
4 - Funny
3 - Slightly funny
2 - Barely raise a smile
1 - Not funny
0 - Depressing
I give Seamus 3, and Several Species 5 (on first listen, at least).

I did consider including Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast in this poll, but I thought better of it as I actually think it's a good song musically, especially part 2 (Sunny Side Up) - Gilmour's steel guitar playing is lovely - it blows away these two for sure as far as I'm concerned.

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
Neither song is that great imo. Prefer Ummagumma overall to Meddle despite the Echoes track, so my vote goes to "Several Species Of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together In A Cave And Grooving With A Pict"

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarrelDeSa

Members online