Seals & Crofts

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
dxoi1x.jpg

I thought about putting this dynamic duo in the 70's section, but to me they were as much a folk rock band as anything else. For some reason people seem to sell Seals & Crofts short, never mentioning them along with their peers as one of the best folk-soft rock bands of their era. Dan Seals and Dash Crofts were very talented musicians, they could become a whole band in the studio reminiscent of the Moody Blues. They also had a string of commercially successful albums not bad for two guys who spent over 10 years paying their dues in other bands until finally stepping out on their own.

I have 6 of their albums, I'll have to double check to make sure, but the first one I'll post is where I started. I picked up this compilation album the year it was released, I can never look at this cover without remembering dropping my vinyl record and having it land right on the spindle on the turntable, it left a dent in the record right in the middle of "King of Nothing", so for years I always skipped over that track.:heheh:

7169-seals-crofts-greatest-hits.jpg

Track listing:

When I Meet Them
Diamond Girl
Hummingbird
Castles In The Sand
East Of Ginger Trees
I'll Play For You
Ruby Jean And Billy Lee
King Of Nothing
Summer Breeze
We May Never Pass This Way Again.

Here's the first song I ever heard from the band.

And here's an Undented version of King of Nothing.:D

Mr. T

Reaction score
Great memories for me here LG. Summer Breeze has a special place for me that I can't go into here! :heheh:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I hear you TUNEZ, certain songs do the same thing to me.:D

Those videos are terrible quality, they don't do justice to how good the songs Sound on album or CD.

I'll see if I can find some better ones tomorrow when I have more time.

runtfan

Reaction score
I have Seals & Crofts Greatest Hits and I love it. That's about all I know by them but those are some great tunes.

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score
:good Excellent duo! I grew up thinking the Mandolin was a Bluegrass or country instrument, but they made it rock for me back in the day.

"We May Never Pass This Way Again" was my senior class song.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
When I think of Seals & Crofts, the first to come to mind is "Summer Breeze". I have a ton of memories attached to that song :)

But there are so many more really beautiful songs:

[GROOVESHARK]25075945[/GROOVESHARK]

[GROOVESHARK]25075949[/GROOVESHARK]

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I am glad to see some love for this forgotten band, and I think all of us that grew up with their music have some good memories associated with them too.:D

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score
I am glad to see some love for this forgotten band, and I think all of us that grew up with their music have some good memories associated with them too.:D

I`m just glad to see other old people :D who actually know who they are and care....I`m like a kid in a candy shop here!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^You are one of the few members here older than I am Garrett...:heheh:

Glad you are making yourself at home.:cheers2

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online