Saxon (Official Thread)

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
Been giving the new one a blast in the car on the way back from Derby, my initial thoughts are they have delivered again. Another cracking album keeping to a later formula that works and works well. Keep 'em coming Biff.:cheers2

well said Sox cool point of view....:bow::grinthumb

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Battering Ram was definitely more enjoyable to me at least than Call to Arms and Sacrifice.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
I think that Saxon do make good metal albums and if you look at some in the 80's you can see they went wimpy and not really heavy. I have nearly all their albums with only a couple to get and I don't like every one I do like most of them.
They could leave it longer between albums and then we would be more enthusiastic about a new release but I still love the new album.

Johnny-Too-Good

Reaction score
Saxon have announced the release of a vinyl box set featuring nine albums recorded between 1991 and 2009.

Demon Records will issue Eagles And Dragons on March 18 and it marks the first time the albums have been made available on vinyl outside Germany, Italy and the UK.

The LPs are pressed on luxury 180-gram vinyl and include inner sleeves with lyrics, presented in a hand-numbered outer slipcase box with a specially commissioned cover painting by artist Paul Gregory.

In addition, 500 copies with a framable print of the cover signed by frontman Biff Byford will be available exclusively via Demon's online store.

Byford says: “From 1991’s Solid Ball Of Rock to 2009’s Into The Labyrinth, this is the first time we have ever had a vinyl box set of nine albums in one package – never to be done again – with exclusive cover art work from Paul Raymond Gregory. I can't wait to get my hands on one.”

Saxon last year released their latest album Battering Ram.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
'Carpe Diem' track list and artwork:

1. Carpe Diem (Seize the Day)
2. Age of Steam
3. The Pilgrimage
4. Dambusters
5. Remember the Fallen
6. Super Nova
7. Lady In Gray
8. All for One
9. Black is the Night
10. Living On the Limit 1A. Carpe Diem (Seize the Day)

saxon-carpediem.jpg

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online