Savatage (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Savatage

^^That is funny my friend, I really like Streets a lot which is not a surprise because I always have a soft spot for almost any concept album...and I doubt that will change anytime soon.:D

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

Well as I stated I haven't heard those albums in years , since they came out in fact, but I really felt as though they were very watered down musically ( i.e. less edgy ), to have more mass appeal.

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^It's possible they were trying for a more commercially successful formula, like Helloween did and failed and Saxon as well...two bands I really like and respect. But for some reason I don't find any really weak albums in all of Savatage's discography, well let me be more accurate of the 11 CD's I have I don't feel any of them are way below standard.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

Well, you certainly have a right to your opinions, but I'm not a fan of heavy bands that I'm into suddenly going all pop rock ballady on me.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^I usually feel the same way DKW, that's why I mentioned Helloween(Chameleon, and Pink Bubbles Go Ape) and Saxon(Destiny and Rock the Nations) as examples of bands that I like a lot but released albums specifically to get more market success. Sometimes paying the bills helps keep a band going so I can't fault them for trying to do that. It doesn't mean I like the results though, and in Savatage's case I do think they pulled it off better than the other two bands I mentioned, that is all I was trying to say.

And I think that any band is entitled to release an orchestral album, an acoustic album, or any kind of record they want to stretch their creative muscles, usually they will always return to form and play the music their core fans have supported for years.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

I always thought that whatever Savatage did...whether it be heavy or mellow, was and is, all around epic. Never saw them as watered down. Very passionate band IMO.

:grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

That's very true wolf and good point. Hey...we all have different likes but it's cool to know you enjoy the heavier side of Savatage. :cheers2

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Great live version of ALL THAT I BLEED (awesome ballad) from Edge Of Thorns.

The studio version! Beautiful tune this is!!

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

I'm loving this bands style! Very rough vocal style over beautiful melodies! Kind of reminds me of newer group Pistolita in that sense! This Is Where You Should Be is my favorite track in here followed by Believe! Glad I stumbled in here! :grinthumb

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WaldoFrey

Members online

No members online now.