Samples of the entire Bret Michaels "Custom Built" CD here...

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
blabbermouth.com

BRET MICHAELS: 'Custom Built' Audio Samples Available - June 27, 2010
Audio samples of all 12 tracks that appear on "Custom Built", POISON singer Bret Michaels' forthcoming solo album, are available for streaming on Amazon.com. The CD is scheduled for release on July 6 via Poor Boy.

"Custom Built" track listing:

01. Riding Against The Wind
02. Lie To Me
03. Nothing To Lose (featuring Miley Cyrus)
04. Wasted Time
05. What I Got
06. Every Rose Has Its Thorn (country version feat. Brad Arnold of 3 DOORS DOWN, Chris Cagle, Mark Wills)
07. Go That Far (club mix by Jason Miller of GODHEAD)
08. Driven (rock mix)
09. Open Road
10. Rock N My Country
11. Nothing To Lose (Bret-only demo)
12. I'd Die For You

In a recent interview with PopEater.com, Michaels stated about the upcoming CD, "For me, there's so many different songs I want people to hear ... I'm excited about the rootsy version of 'Every Rose Has Its Thorn', the new stuff. The theme song to my show is called 'Riding Against the Wind' ... and a cover of SUBLIME's 'What I Got'. That's one of my favorite songs; it just puts me in a great mood. I love hearing that song, so I busted it out live, and I thought I did a really respectful version of it. I wanted to keep some of what the song is, but I added some of my own lyrics and a cool breakdown to it. We played it live and it went over insane. It's been one of my favorite songs since the early '90s."

Michaels' new reality show, "Bret Michaels: Life As I Know It", is planned for the fall. Footage was shot on May 28 at a show in Biloxi, Mississippi for the first episode.

Michaels made it to last month's live finale and won the title of "The Celebrity Apprentice", beating out actress Holly Robinson Peete.

Michaels, who was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes when he was six years old, flew from Los Angeles to New York to attend the NBC show.

Amazon.com: Custom Built: Bret Michaels: Music

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Well.. I listened to a few cuts.. And when I got to the song "Go That Far" (club mix by Jason Miller of GODHEAD) I ruptured my spleen..:wtf: That song should not be allowed on this CD.. A mosh posh of songs and I don't know if I would buy this.. I support Brett but Dam.. I'm not liking this from what I demoed..:nw:

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I wish he wouldn't re-use songs from previous albums,he has done that on his last couple of solo releases.

It's time for a new Poison cd I think.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarrelDeSa

Staff online

Members online