Saga (Official Thread)

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Re: Saga

Hmmm :think: noticed that "worlds apart" has 2 totally different album covers .
Also found out SAGAs frontman Michael Sadler was born in Wales . You live and learn.....
Another pearler from the album

The Interview

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^I was trying to keep that detail about Sadler quiet LOU...:heheh:

Yes there are two covers for "World's Apart", the one I posted is the original that I own both on vinyl and CD. I have no idea when they changed the cover or why, I like mine better, the other one always reminds me of Prism's "See Forever Eyes" when I see it...:think:

Prism-See-Forever-Eyes-1978-Front-Cover-41981.jpg

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

The covers are similar LG . I remember PRISM I had one of their albums once found it a big disapointment and got rid . Sadly PRISMs singer died in a car crash and that ended the bands career.......yet another Canadian group !! :cheers2

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^Prism's self titled debut and Armageddon are my two favorite albums, they did pretty well in Canada but never broke through internationally.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

Yikes...LG turns out that PRISM album was the debut .Looks like I was a bit of a fool to get rid ....i knew a few tracks by the band..eg armageddon. I used to have little patience with records and have a regular clearout. Also got my facts a bit wrong PRISM reformed and are still active.
SAGA are another band Im appreciating more after all those years

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I have lost track of Prism years ago, so you've got a leg up on me there Lou.

Yeah Saga was one of our best bands, they have lasted a long long time too. I have actually got 5 more CD's than I posted in the OP in this thread now, but I still think World's Apart is my favorite.

lady_barrett2112

I ♥ the Ox
Reaction score

I'm a Saga fan. I first heard them when they opened for Jethro Tull in '81 or '82 and became a fan overnight. I know more of , and prefer, the older stuff ( up through Heads Or Tales). Great band and Ian Crichton is relatively unknown, which is a crime.

Agreed, Crichton has mad skills and it baffles me that he's not more well known. I was first introduced to Saga thanks to MTV and their video for On the Loose. Crichton's little solo on that song completely blew me away.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^Nice to see another fan who knows about Saga Lady Barrett. I have always respected the entire band for their "chops", and thankfully they made it big overseas which kept them going for a long time.

toquey

Reaction score

I saw Saga open for Jethro Tull in 1982 in Cleveland. I then saw them at a small club in Euclid OH near Cleveland called Monkey Business and it was one of the best shows Ive ever seen.

TheWhalerfan

Lovus My Avatarus
Reaction score

I'll bite. "On the Loose" is a classic, and the sped up version for the video was even better. While I wouldn't say that I am a hardcore fan, I still like OTL as well as "Wind Him Up" and "Only Time Will Tell" and give them regular rotation in my player.

On The Loose

Only Time Will Tell

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Staff online

Members online