Russell Morris Official Thread)

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
44306.jpg

Official Website

Russell Morris is an Australian singer and songwriter, famous for his 1969 hit "The Real Thing". It was the highest selling single of that year in Australia and even made a small impact in America, despite not reaching the national charts. He had some more success in the early 70's but since then has faded into relative obscurity, though he hasn't stopped making music or playing shows - even if it is only around the Perth pub scene. It's a bit of a shame that he didn't go on as much, since his music is beautiful and high quality, it's definitely deserving of higher honours. So without further ado, here is some of that music:

(Our Australian members may recognise this from a Western Australia tourism advert)

And my personal favourite:

Last edited by a moderator:

Džedaj

Groovy as hell.
Reaction score
Re: Russell Morris

Oh my God, I can't believe someone still remember Russell Morris! I heard "The Real Thing" on Technicolor Web Of Sound radio and fell in love with rythm and psych improvisation part. So underrated artist, it's too bad.

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

:grinthumb I heard Sweet Sweet Love on the radio a couple of years ago and I proceeded to get his greatest hits CD, which is full of great music! I also edited my first post to include the full 13 minutes of The Real Thing.

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score

I could well be seeing him live in a month and a bit :D

He, along with Darryl Cotton and Jim Keays (two prominent Australian musicians from the 60's scene) will be at a local venue just down the road from me. Really hope I can get in, only just found out they were going there :D

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

Lucky! I didn't know he was still making the trek across from Perth, but good luck and I hope you get in Feldy! :grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ByronPasch

Members online

No members online now.