RUSH To Release 'Clockwork Angels Tour' CD/DVD In November

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
blabbermouth.net

rushclockworkband_638.jpg

Legendary rock trio RUSH have unveiled details for their first new recording since being inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame earlier this year. "Rush: Clockwork Angels Tour" will be released via Anthem/Roadrunner Records on November 19. Anthem/Zoe Vision/Rounder will simultaneously release the companion DVD. "Rush: Clockwork Angels Tour" was filmed and recorded last November at the American Airlines Arena in Dallas, Texas, during RUSH's highly successful "Clockwork Angels" tour. The eleven month-marathon world tour crossed North America twice and ventured overseas to Europe in support of the band's acclaimed 2012 studio release "Clockwork Angels". In capturing the tour's electrifying three-hour set, "Rush: Clockwork Angels Tour" pairs RUSH classics ("Tom Sawyer", "The Spirit Of Radio", "2112"), with a nod to the '80s RUSH era ("The Analog Kid", "Territories", "Subdivisions") alongside newly reworked arrangements specifically for the tour featuring the Clockwork Angels String Ensemble ("Headlong Flight", "YYZ", "Red Sector A"). The string section marks the first time the trio has brought additional musicians on the road with them. To showcase their latest studio release, the epic setlist also features nine tracks off "Clockwork Angels". Other highlights include tracks rarely performed and never before recorded live ("The Body Electric", "Middletown Dreams"), in addition to three separate drum solos by the incomparable Neil Peart. Beyond the incredible live performances, the DVD includes a 25-minute tour documentary, featuring interviews with all three members and exclusive, behind-the-scenes footage. Titled "Can't Stop Thinking Big", the piece offers a glimpse into the inner workings of the RUSH tour machine and insight into the band members themselves. Other special features on the DVD include the trio of hilarious shorts created specifically for the tour as well as interviews and outtakes captured during their filming. Additional filmed sketches and a rare soundcheck performance of perennial favourite "Limelight" round out the exclusive offerings. "Rush: Clockwork Angels Tour" comes on the heels of Anthem/Atlantic's September 30 release of "Vapor Trails Remixed", a newly remixed version of the band's 2002 album "Vapor Trails" and 7-disc boxed set "The Studio Albums 1989-2007", which features every studio album RUSH recorded for Atlantic Records.

"Clockwork Angels Tour" track listing: Set One: 01. Subdivisions 02. The Big Money 03. Force Ten 04. Grand Designs 05. The Body Electric 06. Territories 07. The Analog Kid 08. Bravado 09. Where's My Thing?/ Here It Is! (drum solo) 10. Far Cry Set Two: 11. Caravan * 12. Clockwork Angels * 13. The Anarchist * 14. Carnies * 15. The Wreckers * 16. Headlong Flight */ Drumbastica (drum solo) 17. Peke's Repose (guitar solo)/ Halo Effect * 18. Seven Cities of Gold * 19. Wish Them Well * 20. The Garden * 21. Dreamline * 22. The Percussor (I) Binary Love Theme (II) Steambanger's Ball (drum solo) 23. Red Sector A * 24. YYZ * 25. The Spirit Of Radio Encore: 26. Tom Sawyer 27. 2112

Encore:

26. Tom Sawyer
27. 2112

Bonus: 28. Limelight (soundcheck recording) 29. Middletown Dreams 30. The Pass 31. Manhattan Project * * With the Clockwork Angels String Ensemble

Special Features (Blu-ray/DVD only) * Can't Stop Thinking Big (25-minute tour documentary) * Behind The Scenes (featuring Jay Baruchel) * Outtakes * Interview With Dwush * Family Goy * Family Sawyer * The Watchmaker (intermission tour film) * Office Of The Watchmaker (closing tour film)

rushclockworkangelsdvd_600.jpg

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Love RUSH but I'll settle for the double vinyl edition of Clockwork Angels instead of this packet of wholesome goodness.;)

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
yea, I'm a huge Rush fan but I can't afford every live concert DVD that comes out, and Rush releases one it seems about every 2 years.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I'll be in line for this!!! I always LOVE a new RUSH DVD....getting the Blu Ray on this end!!

:woot:

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
Good to see Subdivisions and The Big Money, if they are on the CD. I suppose the band cannot get away with avoiding 2112.

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
Absolutely getting that on Day 1 of release...it's going to be excellent if their other live DVD's are any indication. It seems Rush film every tour that they do and bring out a DVD, I which more bands would do that actually as it's a fantastic souvenir of the tour/show (for the people who went) and it also gives something to fans who didn't (or couldn't) make it. Plus it costs bands virtually nothing in time or effort apart from hiring a film crew and a director for a few nights, as opposed to 2 years or more in many cases labouriously putting together a new studio album.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Members online