Rumplestiltskin (Official Thread)

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
In 1970, Flowers / Cattini / Parker and Hawkshaw as well as singer Peter Lee Stirling, were the nucleus of an outfit working as "Hungry Wolf" who cut there now sought-after eponymous album for Philips. The same year Rumplestiltskin's first album was released on the "Bell" label.

Probably due to contractual reasons the band used rather strange names which might have been pseudonyms:

Singer Peter Charles Green (Peter Lee Stirling)

Bass-Player Jackson Primrose (Herbie Flowers)

Keyboarder Jeremy Eagles (Alan Hawkshaw)

Guitarist AndrewBalmain (Alan Parker, using a french connection again as he did in 1972 with Pariser...)

Drummer Rupert Baer (Clem Cattini)

This band cut 2 albums and one single under the "Rumplestiltskin" name:

Here is the single cover

391-19-im-Cover-7786.JPG

A mixture of heavy blues rock this band could sure cut it live and the albums are rare on both vinyl and CD. Here is a taster from their self titled first LP

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Rumplestiltskin

Never heard of them before Sweaty...love their name though.:tup:

You are a repository of knowledge about all these rare bands, thanks for sharing them with the forum.:cheers2

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I have never seen their albums, or tapes or CD's,,,or heard them on any FM station. Not the first time you have posted a band that is brand new for me.

Your rock music tradition is simply stunning from the sixties till now, I wished I had visited England in the early eighty's just to hang out and go to the festivals and some other legendary concert halls.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

We have produced some good bands, but no where near the pedigree of your little island.:D

I always smile when I think about the prehistory of England's musical explosion, back in the days of the great composers they were way behind most other European countries, and as a direct result if I remember correctly either a Royal decree or government order to make learning music a mandatory part of the school system. One of the "Brighter" moves any country has made over the last couple of centuries I would have to say.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score

You could be right, oh to be alive in the 50's onwards seeing the explosion of different types of music, something you cannot buy, you had to see it to believe it and it is still going on now all over the world.

I love to see these little bands just as they are getting started and trying different musical directions.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score

Make Me Make You

Black Magicians Daughter

Check this out for an original version, ruined by Tight Fit!!!

The Lion Sleeps Tonight

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I've been having some good luck "Procuring" some of these rare albums Sweaty, and I just got a copy of "Rumplestiltskin".:D

joe

Reaction score

Really liked the songs Mr. Joe and Make Me Make You from thier first album. Again, another one for the endless list.:grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
musicdude420

Staff online

Members online