Roxette (Official Thread)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
-D7b4wTfycsviwpCChg9hIEJNFv8ypqfG7ny2ve1RB86AeH3zQ.jpg
roxette1%255B1%255D.png

This is a pop group that I'd kind of forgot about until the recent poll that was posted with them. Thinking back though this is one of those groups who get forgotten but I don't think they ever released a bad single. These guys were perfect pop writers/performers. They made it a craft and influenced artist like Savage Garden in the future who may not have stated the influence but if you listen to both the details are in the sound. I love the vocalist Marie Frederiksson and think she adds that powerful vocal that is missing from pop since the 80's and 90's. The fun songs are shout out loud fun and the ballads are powerful. Here's just my attempt at an appreciation thread for a great underrated group that may not show up otherwise here:

My favs:

Listen To Your Heart
(seriously the perfect power ballad has to be my highlight here)

Joyride
(the most nostalgic as it's the one I heard most in my youth as it was fresh on the radio at the time and played a lot, great guitar and a good example of how good the male vocal was also)

It Must Have Been Love
(The first song I heard from them and is another great power ballad, these songs to me never lose their touch, also I have to mention the chemistry vocally is another great aspect of the group)

The Look
(This is where you have to say Savage Garden grabbed their sound and "Hell, why not?", It's a great sound!)

These guys have a lot of great songs so I won't hog them all! Let's talk about this fun group and have a good time with it! :grinthumb

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Re: "The Official" Roxette Thread

Good job, babe! This thread brings back memories for me. Late 80's/early 90's, right?

Don't forget this one!

"Hold on tight, you know she's a little bit dangerous!"

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

You already posted my favorite song! :(

Listen To Your Heart btw. I used to sing that a lot when I was younger.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Good job, babe! This thread brings back memories for me. Late 80's/early 90's, right?

Don't forget this one!

"Hold on tight, you know she's a little bit dangerous!"

You already posted my favorite song! :(

Listen To Your Heart btw. I used to sing that a lot when I was younger.

Thanks babe, is that line supposed to describe you? :tongue:

Prime, the song is perfect! I even like the remake in the 2,000's? You ever hear it? It's a song you can't make bad! :grinthumb

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score

That song was on the Pretty Woman soundtrack! :bow:

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

Prime, the song is perfect! I even like the remake in the 2,000's? You ever hear it? It's a song you can't make bad! :grinthumb

I'm weird with remakes, but i'll give it a shot. Probably tomorrow, i've got music playing currently.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score

Soots, you da man. I COMPLETELY forgot about their slower songs. Listen To Your Heart is a great song! I haven't heard it in years. Just listened to it twice, thanks to your thread. What a gem!!! :bow:

I also forgot about It Must Have Been Love. Both of these two songs really bring back some good memories of someone that is long-gone from my life. There's a bit of pain in some of those memories, but I try to remember the good stuff instead.

Thanks

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Soots, you da man. I COMPLETELY forgot about their slower songs. Listen To Your Heart is a great song! I haven't heard it in years. Just listened to it twice, thanks to your thread. What a gem!!! :bow:

I also forgot about It Must Have Been Love. Both of these two songs really bring back some good memories of someone that is long-gone from my life. There's a bit of pain in some of those memories, but I try to remember the good stuff instead.

Thanks

No problem Lynch! It's even cooler that you have an even deeper connection to some of them due to experience. I think I caught the tale end of Roxette's reign on the charts but it was enough to get to hear all the cool stuff I remember to this day. I downloaded a torrent of them today but hearing how cool a lot of the tracks I'd never previously heard are I'm going to search for a legit copy soon! :grinthumb

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score

yeah, I've got their first 2 or 3 CDs (or cassettes maybe), but I haven't listened to either one in many years. Might have to figure out where I've got them stored and pull them out again.

As for my connection to these songs... it's a lot like my love of the 80's. That was "my" era. I dig stuff from the 50s, 60s and 70s because I grew up with my parents listening to that stuff and got to love it myself, but the 80's was me. High school, college, good times, bad times, all couped up in one era. So I have a ton of memories that are far more vivid for me than any other decade. What i liked back then, I still like. What I didn't like back then (musically)... well I still don't like.

*chuckle*

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

This is a pop group that I'd kind of forgot about until the recent poll that was posted with them.

You're welcome. :D

But really I do love Roxette. They snatched up my vote in that poll and they might just be my most listened to pop group of the 80's. Here's one of my favorites that hasn't been mentioned yet:

"I love the way you undress now, baby begin.
Do your caress, honey, my heart's in a mess.
I love you blue-eyed voice, like Tiny Tim shines thru.
How do you do!"

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online