Ron Wood of the Rolling Stones

Gearjammer

Devout Heathen
Reaction score
1075234d.jpg

It's nice to see Grandma out in the park for a stroll with grandaughter and little dog..

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score
Lord Grendel:

I was correct about Wood not really being included in the last Stones studio album though,,,at least I hope I got That right....

Yes, which is increasingly compelling evidence that perhaps Mick, Keith and Charlie need to extend an invitation out to someone like Jeff Beck, Eric Clapton or even Mick Taylor to join them on their next tour.

...Mick played most of the bass parts on their last recording if I remember correctly.

And that's why I'm saying that someone of the stature of Jack Bruce is needed to step into the shoes of Bill Wyman.

Or even .... Paul McCartney! Sure, it doesn't sound doable/probable, but consider. What's Paul doing these days anyway? Are you going to tell me he'd have no interest playing classic Stones' tracks like "Satisfaction", "Paint It Black", "Jumpin' Jack Flash", "Honky Tonk Women", "Brown Sugar", etc. up on stage in front of tens of thousands of dangerously excited fans with a group of old friends? And of course they'd certainly cover three or four Beatles' tunes every show. Can you imagine how the audience would react to Paul McCartney singing "I Saw Her Standing There", "Day Tripper", "Hard Day's Night", "Michelle", "Yesterday", "Eleanor Rigby" or "Penny Lane" up there with the Stones? The place would go absolutely berserk! All the concerts would have to be staged outdoors just to hold the immense crowds though.

If Mick, Keith and Charlie offered any of these fellows a full 25% partnership, how could any of them not agree? But could it happen?

:bonk:

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^That does have possibilities Fox, I would line up to see that concert.:tup:

foreverblue

Reaction score
Lord Grendel:

Ron Wood plays guitar for the Stones though. Darrell Jones, an employee, has been the bass player during concert appearances since Bill Wyman decided to retire in 1994 because he no longer wanted to endure the rigours of touring. That's why I keep saying that the Rolling Stones need an old Brit on bass e.g. Jack Bruce, especially if their singer is the one handling bass parts in the studio.

Magic:

Yes, but that would be due to his problems with alcohol, not women. Women are egregiously expensive items but they don't typically impair a man's ability to function.

If Ronnie can`t function as a Stone anymore, I`d like to see Jeff Beck up there with Mick, Keith and Charlie. Realistically, none of them have all that many good years left so a partnership between the mercurial Jeff Beck and the control freak Glimmer Twins might last just about that long.

Keep in mind that the tabloids just make stuff up as needed to sell newspapers. If Ron has any brains (an item subject to question), he`ll just stay a bachelor. If he needs a maid, he can hire one. It`s much less expensive that way.

:rolleyes:

i dont think jeff beck will do it, but his attitude may have changed since the black and blue sessions

plus the stones would command more work for jeff and less time on his hotrods

Gearjammer

Devout Heathen
Reaction score
Ive always been envious of Jeff Beck...spend most of your time bulding hot rods....and make a record every now and then....

wolfsblood

Reaction score
Ive always been envious of Jeff Beck...spend most of your time bulding hot rods....and make a record every now and then....

Good point. I don't think Jeff Beck has ever wanted to be in a big rock group like Led Zeppelin or the Stones. Look at how the Jeff Beck Group or Beck Bogert Appice didn't last long. Beck would rather do his jazz-rock fusion stuff in front of smaller crowds from what I can see.

rollingstoned

Queens of the Stone Age
Reaction score
You guys need to read the book Ronnie. It's a really cook book from Rons perspective on live. shame it was written when him and his wife were together tho

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online