What is your favorite stones song from the MT years....69-74

I love:

Gimme shelter
Winter
Sway
Cant you hear me knocking
Wild horses
Time waits for no one

Actually just about all of them...too many to pick! His solos were just unbelievable!

Last edited:

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
As much as I love Brian Jones, Mick Taylor was a great addition to the Stones. Some of my favorite songs from the MT years are:

Rocks Off
All Down The Line (great MT slide work on that one)
Moonlight Mile (MT co-wrote this with MJ but didn't get a credit)
Silver Train (more great MT slide)
I Got The Blues
Midnight Rambler (live "Ya-Ya's" version)
Angie
Live With Me....

and many others.

Mondaychild

Banned
Reaction score
Nice pics mr. Bob...how about tumbling dice...he actually played bass for that one!

I absolutely love Angie too!!

Johnny-Too-Good

Reaction score
As good as he was (and is) Mick was probably a bit too young and naïve for that whole Stones way of life back then. From what I'm reading and seeing, he seems to be enjoying his part in things a lot more now.

Mondaychild

Banned
Reaction score
As good as he was (and is) Mick was probably a bit too young and naïve for that whole Stones way of life back then. From what I'm reading and seeing, he seems to be enjoying his part in things a lot more now.

I agree Johnny, you pegged it I think!! It was said he was a straight arrow....vegetarian who didn't even smoke cigarettes, and by the time he left he was hooked on drugs!! He seemed to be a young, gentle soul who never belonged there! His talent exceeded any of the members though! He always says that he shouldn't be asked if he regrets ever leaving, but instead, joining in the first place! I love the stones...all of them, but there's something about his talent that I think surpassed any of them! Just my opinion.

Last edited:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online