Rolling Stone 500 Greatest ALBUMS - April 2010

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
All lists like this 'suck' unless you actually write it up for yourself, that's the nature of music, and the human condition where we all have unique and personal and subjective preferences. It's just a phenomenal list by any standards IMO, very credible and varied, but it's not intended that we all have to agree with their choices, show me one unarguable, definitive list that everybody agrees with on anything, ever? No such thing exists. Nobody has written "This is the final word in Best Albums, and These Are Now all Inscribed In Tablets of Stone" at the top of the list have they? There's plenty of other lists out there that would look very different, so I never get my tighty-whities in a twist just because the last Tom Petty album didn't make it or whatever, who cares, it's not an exact science, it's just an arbitary list, I assume drawn up by professional rock journalists, who have their own personal preferences, and whose job it is to review and rate music, so give them a break. Even if it was compiled after a democratic public vote, many people still wouldn't be happy with it, in fact many people would be even more horrified because Justin Bieber's debut or Susan Boyle would win it, never trust the general public to make the right choices! So I'm totally cool with this and enjoyed reading down the list, Rolling Stone has been the best rock criticism journal out there for almost 50 years, and it makes for very interesting reading, plus it seems to me to cover every era from the 50's to date, and every genre except classical...rock, jazz, rap, soul, blues, folk, punk, pop, dance, trance, metal, hiphop....oh, plus Astral Weeks, Born to Run, Miles Davis, and three Dylan albums are Top 20. :bow:

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
41. Never Mind the Bollocks, Here's the Sex Pistols by The Sex Pistols
42. The Doors by The Doors
43. The Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd
44. Horses by Patti Smith
45. The Band by The Band
46. Legend by Bob Marley and the Wailers
47. A Love Supreme by John Coltrane
48. It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back by Public Enemy
49. At Fillmore East by The Allman Brothers Band
50. Here's Little Richard by Little Richard

These lists are fun even when they are obviously compiled by drunken effete nobles who have some weird formula for rating albums in order of importance.:heheh:

Like this section...the Sex Pistols album is utter rubbish, it is my perennial pick as the Worst/Most Overrated album ever recorded, to see it ahead of DSOTM or The Doors is laughable.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online

No members online now.