Rod stewart as front man for the kinks

dearprudence

Reaction score
In the early days of Rod stewArts CAREER HE PLAYED WITH rAY dAVIS HOW WOULD IT OF WORKED IF STEWART HAD BEEN FRONT MAN FOR THE KINKS?

PAN Nexus

Waking The Dreamer
Reaction score
Yes, I suppose he would've done alright for a couple of years, but, had that been the case, they would never have been able to compete with the likes of Pink Floyd, Cream, Fleetwood Mac, Traffic, etc. once the Psychedelic Era began, and they would've simply broken up and gone their separate ways. :(

Ultimately, it would've meant that classic albums like FACE TO FACE, SOMETHING ELSE, VILLAGE GREEN PRESERVATION SOCIETY and ARTHUR would never have been made, and the world would've been denied the genius that is Ray Davies, and that would've sucked. :uh:;)

Romulus

Reaction score
Rod would of left the Kinks and gone solo. I much prefer the Kinks as they are, the songs; some are quite iconic and they contributed greatly towards the grumbling, fuzzy guitar sound. But what is it about famous brothers and their vile treatment of their lesser non talented brother? My accusation goes straight to Ray Davies his treatment of his other brother in the band, and to Mark Knopfler his treatment of his lesser known brother.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online