Rock books and literature

davorp

Rock on!
Reaction score
What are good books about rock and classic rock. I would like to buy some good rock encyclopedia but there are so many available on Amazon. Can you guys help me decide? Also, post some good rock related book titles.

p.s sorry for my bad english :)

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score
There are many books written about specific groups (e.g. Led Zeppelin's Hammer Of The Gods), but if you're looking for something a little more encompassing there is a DJ in L.A. named Joe Benson (affectionately known as "Uncle Joe" Benson) who wrote a very informative series of books focusing on the bands and artists of the classic rock era. Is that the sort of thing you are looking for, davorp?

ujrg-template.jpg

davorp

Rock on!
Reaction score
That's exactly what i'm looking for Dave! Thank you:)

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score
You're very welcome. :)

Uncle Joe's books may be a good place to start, but I'm sure there are other books written on the subject matter too so keep looking.

PS- your English is fine. :D

Odysseus

Kustom Kartilage
Reaction score
Those sound like some informative reading Dave78.

A couple worthwhile books Davorp are The Harmony Illustrated Encyclopedia of Rock. First published in 1976, it is revised every few years. It's quite comprehensive.

Another is Blues-Rock Explosion (2001). An exhaustive, informative book with individual chapters devoted to a group or solo artist. I highly recommend it.

Attachments

• Blues Rock Explosion.jpg
    Blues Rock Explosion.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 62

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
There are many books written about specific groups (e.g. Led Zeppelin's Hammer Of The Gods),
I haven't read that book for probably close to 20 years, but I remember it fondly and I'd also rate it one of the best rock band biographies I've ever read.

:grinthumb

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online