Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Who should not be in the Rock n' Roll hall of fame?

• Total voters

Džedaj

Groovy as hell.
Reaction score
Fair enough, although I have the entire genre of Rap/Hip Hop as the most banal genre in the history of music. It is just eminently boring to me.:D

Totally agreed with this, LG. Hip hop is probably trashiest kind of music ever made, relying on gangbanging, fact who has more money, gettin' bitches and bad vocabulary.

I give my vote to Run DMC. How the f*** did they got in RRHoF?
Madonna is the second. She is flashy pop, not rock :-/
ABBA
REM
Leonard Cohen

Last edited:

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score
Well...maybe in the Frozen Tundra it is but here in Ohio it's as strong as ever. Which is TOTALLY logically what with it being a genre of music most commonly associated with inner city ethnicities and Ohio being over 85% white and primarily farmland. :rolleyes:

"Inner city ethnicities"? You mean the Portuguese?

:huh:

P.S. If you mean black, just say it.

:rolleyes:

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
"Inner city ethnicities"? You mean the Portuguese?

:huh:

P.S. If you mean black, just say it.

:rolleyes:

If I just meant black when I would have said it. The stereotyping/common associating with rap music by the general public is not just that of black but also that of Latinos.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
We see that "gangsta" mentality around here, and I live in a predominantly white area. They bump to it in their cars, wear their pants over their asses, and have all the bling. I am not inner city, btw. I am extremely rural.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
We see that "gangsta" mentality around here, and I live in a predominantly white area. They bump to it in their cars, wear their pants over their asses, and have all the bling. I am not inner city, btw. I am extremely rural.

Yeah...I just don't see how Ohio is like that. Just....kids these days. :rolleyes:

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
On topic... the RnR HOF has been a joke for many years. Looking at the artists listed in the poll is proof positive. I could rant on numerous artists that are in that are NOT deserving. Not in the least. I could rant on the artists that are in, but it's incredible how they got in ahead of the people that influenced them as as well as entire genres. I could rant about how some bands that are NOT in and may never get in while shit bands continue to get in year after year.

But I don't have the energy to right now. Know this, it's a F'd up system and it's not going to get better.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I agree, Lynch. Just goes to show that the influence isn't a musical thing, it is a power thing.

I still want to go see the RnR HOF, though.....

Fisha

Reaction score
This is too easy...

ABBA
Run-DMC
Madonna
Parliament-Funkadelic
Leonard Cohen

I'm not a big Metallica guy...but, I don't understand how anyone thinks they shouldn't be in the RRHOF.

I'm, 1,000% with LG on this!

:cheers:

But, I wouldn't even call Rap ''music''!!!

It's ****in' torture.

:roflmao:

Where you at, Aktivator?
:heheh:

Ok now come on, I don't particularly like most rap but it is definately music and there is some quality stuff.

And to back me up here's aerosmith and run dmc with the classic "walk this way" As musical as half the music out there

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Staff online

Members online