Robert Plant solo (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Robert Plant talks about his voice

I agree AAG, and that is also why I think he is adamant about not doing any more massive tours with Jimmy and JPJ. He is happy doing what he is right now, with no Drama, he is the Boss and when you get older that is a big deal. You simply don't have patience for things that you used to, because you know your time is running out and want to spend what you do have left enjoying yourself.

There's a program on Speed Channel, "American Trucker's" and one episode the host helped deliver Robert's gear to a show in Atlanta. When they unloaded and set up Robert arrived and was great, relaxed friendly having fun with everyone, so he is in a very good place right now.

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
Plant's voice IS much different now. When he sings nowadays, it is obviously now in lower registers. It is not shot by any means. Plant is now more keen on his solo career where he can do WHATEVER he wants to and interpret HOWEVER he feels instead of having to deal with input from other major players in a band. I like Plant's solo work but not on repeated listenings.

Rock Candy

Rock 'n' Roll Doctor
Reaction score
With the exception of the very good Pictures at Eleven and the odd tune here and there, I could never really dig the artsy pseudo-AOR direction of Percy's 80s solo stuff. I did very much like his 80s hair, though :heheh:
kohlmeyer-1983-milwaukee-arena-milwaukee-wisconsin.jpg

foreverblue

Reaction score
With the exception of the very good Pictures at Eleven and the odd tune here and there, I could never really dig the artsy pseudo-AOR direction of Percy's 80s solo stuff. I did very much like his 80s hair, though :heheh:
kohlmeyer-1983-milwaukee-arena-milwaukee-wisconsin.jpg

would that be classed as a mullet?

i know a lot of people dont like "shaken and stirred" but it does have some good moments on it. there is a couple of tracks i like on it besides "little by little"

lady_barrett2112

I ♥ the Ox
Reaction score
You wanna hear a confession? I first heard Robert Plant's solo material before I discovered Led Zeppelin. Needless to say as a little kid it blew my mind when my dad told me that Plant was Zeppelin's front man. :heheh:

Anyway, I like some of Percy's solo stuff. I love In the Mood and Big Log.

Of course this still remains my favorite song...

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
You wanna hear a confession? I first heard Robert Plant's solo material before I discovered Led Zeppelin. Needless to say as a little kid it blew my mind when my dad told me that Plant was Zeppelin's front man. :heheh:

Anyway, I like some of Percy's solo stuff. I love In the Mood and Big Log.

Of course this still remains my favorite song...

Still love the first release alot :grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Robert Plant Announces 2013 U.S. Tour Dates for Sensational Space Shifters

SOURCE LINK

Robert-Plant.jpg

Legendary Led Zeppelin front man Robert Plant has announced the first North American tour dates for his new project, Robert Plant presents the Sensational Space Shifters. The group will kick off their native stateside jaunt on June 20 in Dallas, Texas and run through July 27 in Brooklyn, N.Y.

Plant and his new band have been touring the world, most recently in Australia and New Zealand. The Brisbane Times said, “What’s going on is further proof that Plant is far more imaginative, playful and adventurous than any cliche, a man who’s absorbed all the music he’s loved and played and sought out the musicians to explore that.”

A press release for the project promises a veritable cornucopia of musical styles all in one place. Ever the restless musical wanderer, Plant has pulled together influences from Chicago blues and Greenwich Village folk, to the world music of West Africa and Morocco, to Texas two-step and Bristol dubstep. The roots of the project reach back to his work on ‘Dreamland’ and ‘Mighty Re-Arranger’ with the Strange Sensation, prior to his celebrated collaboration with Alison Krauss and subsequent work with the Band of Joy.

The new band’s sound is augmented by unusual instrumentation including the bendir, one-stringed African violin, African banjo and talking drum. The North American tour includes five festival appearances at Britt in Jacksonville, Ore., High Sierra in Quincy, Calif., Jambase in George, Wash., Portland Blues in Portland, Ore., and Forecastle in Louisville, Ky.

Plant released a live album with the Sensational Space Shifters last year.

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
I love it that Plant is moving forward and creating new sounds with new ideas instead of just resting on his laurels...it would be the easiest (and most lucrative) thing on earth for him to just do a Roger Waters, and just tour the world endlessly re-hashing stuff that he recorded 20 or 30 years ago without a single new idea in his head, but Plant seems to have far more ambition and more creativity in him as an artist to do that, so good for him, and I will look forward to that. I loved the Band of Joy album, imo the best thing he's done since Led Zep called it a day.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoustonBoy

Staff online

Members online