Robert Plant reveals Carry Fire album

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Former Led Zeppelin frontman Robert Plant confirms released of 11th solo album Carry Fire

Robert Plant has confirmed the launch of his 11th solo album, Carry Fire, which is to be released on October 13 via Nonesuch / Warner.

The follow-up to 2014’s Lullaby And… The Ceaseless Roar features backing band The Sensational Shape Shifters, who make their second appearance on record with the former Led Zeppelin frontman.

He first used the phrase “carry fire” in his song Dancing In Heaven from 2005 album Mighty ReArranger. Track titles for the upcoming 11-track release include The May Queen, New World, Carving Up The World Again and A Way With Words. Pretenders vocalist Chrissie Hynde makes a guest appearance on a cover of Bluebirds Over The Mountain, previously recorded by Richie Valens and the Beach Boys.

Plant says: “It’s about intention. I respect and relish my past works, but each time I feel the incentive to create new work, I must mix old with new.

“Consequently, the whole impetus of the band has moved on its axis somewhat – the new sound and different space giving way to exciting and dramatic landscapes of mood, melody and instrumentation.”

51l0F9bbNGL._SS500.jpg

Robert Plant: Carry Fire tracklist:

The May Queen
New World…
Season’s Song
Dance With You Tonight
Carving Up The World Again
A Way With Words
Carry Fire
Bones Of Saints
Keep It Hid
Bluebirds Over The Mountain
Heaven Sent

Source: teamrock.com

Robert's been on a roll with some superb solo albums, not to mention his superb collaboration with Alison Krauss, in recent years. Looking forward to this one!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Members online