RIP Overend Watts

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
RIP,

Gonna play some Hopple later to honor Overend Watts.

Marbles

Reaction score
Sad, indeed. I didn't see this one coming, I wasn't even aware that Overend had been ill.

Ian Hunter did a couple of interviews recently and he did make it clear that there would be no more Mott reunion shows. At the time I put it down to the loss of Buffin and Mick Ralphs' recent health problems. Presumably he knew that this was on the cards.

During the first half of the Seventies, although I was a fan of T.Rex and Slade, it was Mott that were my great heroes, even in their post-Hoople incarnation and as British Lions. Sadly, at that time, I was not really old enough for long, late night trips away to gigs, although it wouldn't be long until I saw Hunter solo (and with Mick Ronson) and Ralphs with Bad Company. I had to wait until the reunion gigs in 2009 before finally seeing Overend "in the flesh" and, despite being a fairly reserved guy, it was he and Hunter who visually stole the show at the gigs.

RIP Peter Overend Watts, wishing you peace on "The Journey". "Death May Be Your Santa Claus" (whatever that means!).

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray