Rick Wakeman on Songs of Praise

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
Rick Wakeman is on BBC1's Songs of Praise tomorrow Sunday 5th January 2012 at 5:00pm. The TV Times listings magazine says, "Rick performs his keyboard arrangement of Morning Has Broken, together with some of his favourite hymns, and tells Aled Jones how his faith has survived the ups and downs of the rock 'n' roll lifestyle."

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
One of the best ever in rock history. I enjoy his solo work as well. I never knew he was spiritual though, when I saw them tour back in the late 70's his keyboards had about 8 empty Heineken bottles sitting on them by the end of the show.:D

I am just glad he's feeling a lot better these days, not too many years ago he was in very poor health from what I heard.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
Rick performed Morning Has Broken with former All Angel, Laura Wright singing. He performed a piece with Aled Jones, but I cannot remember the title. He also played a piano piece written for the Falklands, but which reminds him of his late mother. During an interview with presenter Aled Jones, Rick said when he was down, he found out who his friends were and they were those he least expected. Unfortunately, he did not name names.

Khor1255

Reaction score
Cool. It's good to hear one of the greats is doing more music. By the way being a Christian has nothing to do with completely avoiding alchohol. Christ Himself drank wine.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
I think Rick was an alcoholic, so he probably doesn't drink alcohol at all now. I gave up smoking in 1982, now I can smell a smoker at least a mile away and object to them.

Khor1255

Reaction score
Really? Does his playing suffer from this?

Bwahahahha!

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
It's good to see that he's playing again now. I, like LG, enjoy is solo work.

:grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Staff online

Members online