7: Porcupine Tree - Deadwing
6: Bright Eyes - Digital Ash in a Digital Urn
5: Daft Punk - Human After All
4: The All-American Rejects - Move Along
3: System of a Down - Mezmerize
2: Fall Out Boy - From Under The Cork Tree

Picaresque.jpg
1: The Decemberists - Picaresque

2005, just like 2004 was a hell of year in terms of music that I was starting to really get into. Bands like Bright Eyes, The Decemberists, and Apocalyptica were big bands that I was listening to a lot during that time. Of course, as the years went forward from there, some others albums came to light and I really started to dig them a lot. Once again though, it seems that this year had a really strong flow of releases from bands that I really dig and did dig back then. The Decemberists - Picaresque had to take the number one slot, though it could have been replaced by either of the next two easily. The Mariner's Revenge Song was my jam throughout that entire year so it had to go to it. Some really good albums in 2004, some that didn't even make the list, but I want to keep it at 10 whenever I can. There weren't some super standout albums that required the list to be extended. But, some notable mentions include: Arch Enemy - Doomsday Machine, 30 Seconds To Mars - A Beautiful Lie, Between The Buried and Me - Alaska, Children of Bodom - Are You Dead Yet? to name a few. Some solid releases in 2004. It's interesting to look back on it.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nepowerdry1

Members online