REO Speedwagon (Official Thread)

Fever

Reaction score
I saw REO a couple of years ago and they were good.I do miss Richrath though.I saw them on the Hi Infidelity tour years ago and they were great. I do get sort of tired of the slow ballads though.They need to rock more.
Richrath on Behind The Music said he would love to reunite with the band if Cronin would ask him.
I am also glad Bruce Hall gets to sing Back On The Road Again every show.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^That would be great if Richrath was invited back, but that depends on if Cronin is willing to let go of the past and I don't see that happening.

I've never seen them live, but you are right about them be able to kick out the jams when they want to and live sets should be more uptempo songs anyway.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Just listened to their second album, it's great! I wasn't expecting that hard rock to be that heavy rockin'!

Will be definitely heading to stores in search for the early REO albums. :grinthumb

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
Took my boy to the fire fighter's museum and we got to see a 1925 model REO Speedwagon. Thought I would post a pic here. :cheers2

FireMuseumDay2012016.jpg

FireMuseumDay2012010.jpg

Last edited:

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
Golden Country has heavy rotation here lately, the live version.

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
Just listened to their second album, it's great! I wasn't expecting that hard rock to be that heavy rockin'!

Will be definitely heading to stores in search for the early REO albums. :grinthumb

the mid 70's REO kicks ass and rocks harder than most people think. That era of REO SW is an untapped mine chock-full of gold nuggets of great music that most people have passed by. Good on ya for reco'nizing it.:D

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
The more recognizable version of Ridin' The Storm Out, with Kevin on vox, was off Live: You Get What You Play For.

Original vocalist Terry Luttrell went on to form the band Starcastle, sort of an American version of Yes.

REO is another local group for me, having lived in the Chicago area all my life. They still put on a hell of a live show too.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online