Record Store Day 2010

Mr. Shadow

"Classic" Member
Reaction score
I bought a bunch of used CD's already listed elsewhere on that day.
my store vaguely knew about it, but offered no sales or perks.

The used profit margin is pretty small.

taha

Reaction score
I'd like to find a record store................

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score
So I was hanging out on Queen Street West this weekend. I stopped for a drink at the Dog's Bollocks, but didn't stay there long since it's a mite upscale for my tastes. I then sauntered across the street and spent thirty minutes or so assessing the quality of the dancing girls in the window of lingerie emporium Ain't Misbehavin'. (Sorry, no pics today.) I popped in for a moment or two to continue my efforts to teach the resident parrot some choice swear words.

I then streviced on down the street and looked into one of my favourite record shops. Lo and behold but about a dozen copies of "Plundered My Soul" were up on the wall rack staring me in the face. They were priced at $8 each. Yes, the very same pressing that's limited in size to an edition of 8000 copies that's fetching much higher prices on FleaBay. A very decent score if I do say so myself!

:heheh:

Vintage

Vintage Rocker
Reaction score
So I was hanging out on Queen Street West this weekend. I stopped for a drink at the Dog's Bollocks, but didn't stay there long since it's a mite upscale for my tastes. I then sauntered across the street and spent thirty minutes or so assessing the quality of the dancing girls in the window of lingerie emporium Ain't Misbehavin'. (Sorry, no pics today.) I popped in for a moment or two to continue my efforts to teach the resident parrot some choice swear words.

I then streviced on down the street and looked into one of my favourite record shops. Lo and behold but about a dozen copies of "Plundered My Soul" were up on the wall rack staring me in the face. They were priced at $8 each. Yes, the very same pressing that's limited in size to an edition of 8000 copies that's fetching much higher prices on FleaBay. A very decent score if I do say so myself!

:heheh:

Did you grab all of them?

That's the same price I paid for one copy on Record Store Day. It's stored away with my other Stones gem...

collect.jpg

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score
Vintage said:
Did you grab all of them?

No I didn't. I can't get excited about doubling my money when the doubling involves the less than princely sum of $8. And my house is already filled with enough treasures (to me, but I'm sure junk to some others) such as a 1966 Rolling Stones concert programme, an issue of "Rolling Stones Monthly", a near set of Rolling Stones A&BC bubble gum cards and an Andy Warhol Jagger print.

How and where did you get your other Stones Limited Edition?

:huh:

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Members online