Rate The Song Above You ....Metal / Heavy Rock Version \m/

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Wicked opening! Barbosa & Bittencourt can play! (barbosa being my fav of the two) Fabio has a killer voice! 9/10
[Dont shoot me @Hydrazoic Acid but I haven’t heard the last album yet]

Mr Mojo Risin

Cactus Brew Drinker
Reaction score
Excellent choice, my dear friend. I found out about this band courtesy of our old friend and member, Vader, getting me into the group. Proto-doom at its finest? 9/10

P.S. You guys have been posting some real belters.

Last edited:

Mr Mojo Risin

Cactus Brew Drinker
Reaction score
I like the Foo Fighters, Dave especially, despite not being a big fan of the band. But here we have an insane drumbeat and an ode to Motorhead. Unique track... Lemmy would be proud. 9.5/10

Mr Mojo Risin

Cactus Brew Drinker
Reaction score
Oh, just about anything from this classically trained, master virtuoso will get a 10/10 from me. Simply epic and empowering. 10/10

( Nice to see someone who knows about Mr. Dane :) Did you like the band Nevermore too? @Hydrazoic Acid )

Hydrazoic Acid

Skeptic
Reaction score
I'm here, @Mr.Mojo Rising. :grinthumb This song is obviously influenced by early 70's proto-heavy metal and stoner rock, but I think the vocals lack power and aggression. 7/10.
And here's an underrated classic. Soaring demonic howl by Jim Gillette (not worse, than King Diamond) and virtuoso shredding by Michael Angelo Batio made this record unique. 10/10.

Mr Mojo Risin

Cactus Brew Drinker
Reaction score
At first, I thought I read 'Within Temptation' and even thought I heard them, until I read it again. It has catchy riffing and drumbeat pace, and vocals that make me reminisce of the mid to late 2000s of those alt/indie bands. Pensive, emotive singing and a nice interlude. Nice stuff. 8/10

(Sorry, @Hydrazoic Acid. I am impatient, hehehe. I reckon you want to give others a chance in here too, but it's fine that we carry the torch ourselves when it isn't so. ((Also, I'm really impressed you know Nitro and Jim Gillette. Truly underrated music and musicians. You know your heavy music, that's for sure.:cheers:) )

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TimManess3

Staff online

Members online