Rap in Country

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
Indeed,rap is in a world of its own,totally separate from any other genre.The big question in my head concerning mixing it with other modes of expression is........is rap even music?Lotta rythym,but at least for the most part no melodies other than ones they "sample"........

Minlinks1

Reaction score
If somebody once is able to create a country and rap music which matches he would deserve the nobel prize of music of the millenium

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Indeed,rap is in a world of its own,totally separate from any other genre.The big question in my head concerning mixing it with other modes of expression is........is rap even music?Lotta rythym,but at least for the most part no melodies other than ones they "sample"........

Willie Nelson wrote a song called Superman. He collaborated with his pot smokin buddy, Snoop Dog. It's bluesy and not bad at all....

Believe it or not, a lot of these country guys have great respect for Snoop Dog.

If somebody once is able to create a country and rap music which matches he would deserve the nobel prize of music of the millenium

Florida Georgia Line did a song with Nelly that is actually country rap.......and it's worthy of a listen

Cruise

Last edited:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Tammy Wynette did a hip hop song in the early 1990's. The country industry was in shock?

:heheh:
Justified and Ancient

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
From 1987......

Bellamy Brothers - Country Rap

:bow:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
One of the newest (and insanely popular with the local rednecks) country genre is hick - hop.

Search the Genre on YouTube......it's loaded with groups and bands of good ole muddin, beer Drinkin boys...

:oyea:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'd ALMOST rather listen to Celine Dion! :tongue:

One of our local sports shops sells hoodies, etc that says "hick life" on them. Trust me, this genre is big around these parts. We went to a truck/ tractor pull last summer that was blasting hick - hop on the speakers. These songs rap about big tires, mud, beer, and of course....women. Damnedest thing I've ever heard.....:uh:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

One of our local sports shops sells hoodies, etc that says "hick life" on them. Trust me, this genre is big around these parts. We went to a truck/ tractor pull last summer that was blasting hick - hop on the speakers. These songs rap about big tires, mud, beer, and of course....women. Damnedest thing I've ever heard.....:uh:

As far as blending genres I much prefer how Sturgill blended some Funk and Soul into his music. In Northern NH we have a weird blend of hicks and hipster that form the hybrid of hickster. :heheh: I've found with anyone that listens to Hick-Hop it's the beginning of a trend where we won't agree on anything period. Coincidence? I don't know! :tongue:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Members online