Rage Against The Machine (Official Thread)

Martha Washington

eat it! it's GOOD for you
Reaction score
Re: Rage Against The Machine

I'm with NDF.
I actually enjoy me some rap, even rap/rock but RATM never really meshed for me.
Morello is a 500 pound gorilla though.

I also agree with diez that they will stand as one of the great bands of the 90's. I haven't hung on to any of their cd's but I seldom change the station when they come on.
It's urgent, you know?
I like urgent.

newdawnfades

Reaction score

I heard Zach De La Roca rapping on the radio the other day with some other band. Man, it sure does highlight how lucky he was to have Morello and company backing him up. I think he doesn't even try to synchronize his vocals with the band. No wonder why he was dropped.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I loved Rage. You are right NDR, he isn't anything without Morello. Now AudioSlave is a top performer now. :)

Nirvanadude

Vinyl Collector
Reaction score

In defense of rap being part of Rage's sound- I think they were the only band to successfully pull it off. Although Kid Rock made it quite interesting and enjoyable too.

Posers like Limp Bizkit made rap/rock a joke

Drummer Chris

Reaction score

Zack was INTENSE man...that was a really good band for a while....Chris Cornell is a great singer but sounds boring with Morello for the most part.I think it's time for Chris to go out for a burger and brew with Kim and re-form Soundgarden.

Big Generator

Reaction score

I loved "Killing in the Name Of" or whatever it was called. Also, "Bullet in the Brain".

Did they do any tracks which rivalled those two?

Big Generator

Reaction score

Nirvanadude said:
In defense of rap being part of Rage's sound- I think they were the only band to successfully pull it off. Although Kid Rock made it quite interesting and enjoyable too.

Posers like Limp Bizkit made rap/rock a joke

I have to confess...I was a big fan of "Rollin'".

Shogun

The Curse
Reaction score

They Were A Pretty good band around that time..I still listen to their first album regularly

Drummer Chris

Reaction score

I think Rage were really "underground hip" in the 90's...but they were a powerful band with an intensity that hasn't been matched since for rap/rock.
Even with all the stories how it "wasn't working" after a while with Zach, the facts are that they were a powerfull force for quite a while there and a lot of Audioslve pales in comparison.
I love Cornell's singing and the power trio of Rage can really rock too but it would be interesting to hear a reformed Rage and Soundgarden seperately though the chances are slim.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online