Tucking Fypo

Australian rocker
Reaction score
794px-2005_Queen_%2B_Paul_Rodgers.jpg

Queen + Paul Rodgers Official Website

Discography

2008 The Cosmos Rocks
Queen_The_Cosmos_Rocks_Album_Cover.jpg

I'm surprised Queens collaboration with Paul Rodgers isn't on this site considering how much of a success it was. Here a few songs Paul Rodgers sang with Brian May and in support.

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
I've been a Paul Rodgers fan for as long as I've been a Queen fan, nearly 40 years.

I'm glad Paul did the vocals like Paul and not trying to be like Freddie.

This version of The Show Must Go On from the VH1 Rock Honors 1999 was absolutely awesome.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
I never understood this project. They said they got a different style of singer so that camparisons with Freddie Mercury could not be made, yet they called themselves Queen and performed Bohemian Rhapsody live. I liked Rodgers's War Boys, but the reformed Bad Co with Howard Leese were much better.

Big names don't always make good groups. The Brian May Band were poor, despte the presences of Neil Murray, and The Firm promised a great deal, with Rodgers, Slade and Franklin, but were deadly dull.

Sorry to be the spoiler, but I've got the Queen + Paul Rodgers album and it made me get out my Bad Co and Free albums.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I'm surprised Queens collaboration with Paul Rodgers isn't on this site considering how much of a success it was. Here a few songs Paul Rodgers sang with Brian May and in support.

I'm certain there is information about Paul Rodgers and Queen in their official thread in the 70's section.

He did very well, but NO ONE can replace Freddie Mercury, same as Plant in Zeppelin.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
I remember buying Cosmo Rocks, on release, after reading a positive review, but it could've been a better album.

One of the most bizzare musical marriages ever.

It was probably the Led Zeppelin connection. One of the most bizarre was Buggles and Yes, although it worked very well. Trevor Horn said he wanted to work with a live band.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online