Queen (Official Thread)

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
I'm still in rapacious envy every time I hear the albums Queen 2 and A Day At The Races my all times favourites I'd add HOT SPACE

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Has anyone checked out "On Air" yet?

Queen_On_Air.jpg

I'm tempted to get the 6-disc set, as I'd like the extra disc with concert footage, as opposed to the 2-disc version with only the BBC recordings, but the 3 dics of interviews feels a bit unnecessary. :wtf:

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
Did you get the 2 CD set or the box-set? I'm really curious about the extra live CD in the box-set. I can't see myself going for the 2-disc option with more on offer.

sadly none...my post wasn't a positive out burst it was the opposite mostly a rant at bands record labels pushing the money banks out and fans rush out and grab ever item they`ll lay there hands on. I`ve only post this on the Queen thread but its a very large net...SDM

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
sadly none...my post wasn't a positive out burst it was the opposite mostly a rant at bands record labels pushing the money banks out and fans rush out and grab ever item they`ll lay there hands on. I`ve only post this on the Queen thread but its a very large net...SDM

Right. Yeah, I misunderstood ya! You are right, labels are making it expensive to be a collector, but on the other hand, I do love hearing old live material from my favourite bands. However, in this case, I feel like the label is ripping us off with three discs of interviews and not giving people the option to get the bonus live disc without buying the 6-disc set.

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
Right. Yeah, I misunderstood ya! You are right, labels are making it expensive to be a collector, but on the other hand, I do love hearing old live material from my favourite bands. However, in this case, I feel like the label is ripping us off with three discs of interviews and not giving people the option to get the bonus live disc without buying the 6-disc set.

It seems to be the done thing these days to stuff loads of cr@p onto "special edition" box sets. As interesting as the interviews may be, I'm sure even the most ardent Queen fan will be bored after ther first cd. Lately I am of the opinion that if it wasn't good enough for the original LP, it's probably not that good, so I don't really need it. I would much prefer a new Queen album than this special box set.

Minlinks1

Reaction score
A night at the opera is the greatest to me and when he sings love of my life it's just...wow, his face, charism, body movements and voice are incredible, love this guy since ages

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
A night at the opera is the greatest to me and when he sings love of my life it's just...wow, his face, charism, body movements and voice are incredible, love this guy since ages

Awesome Album...hmmm been on a Hot Space pilgrimage imho it's just so awesomely underrated album its amazing disco funky pulsing music just listen to Cool Cats or Calling All Girls Wonderous absolutely genius pure greatness for Freddie, John, Roger and Brian

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online