Queen Live Recordings

Bryter Later

Reaction score
:grinthumb I'm sure that there are alot of Queen fans on CRF,especially of their early material. But why does there seem to be a reluctance to officially release some of their earlier concert recordings??. We already know that the Rainbow '74 and Christmas '75 shows were professionally recorded for the BBC,and there must be a plethora of recordings lying in the vaults of EMI,BBC etc.

Don't get me wrong,the concerts that have been released are superb,but surely it's time for some 'classic' live Queen,remastered etc.

Anyone know of any plans for this ??.

Cheers :cheers2 Bryter.

rtbuck

Reaction score
I've said it before but many of these classic bands should be cleaning out there vaults & releasing what they could. Unfortunately,Freddie Mercury has passed but the rest of the members aren't getting any younger. These aging bands can be enjoying some rewards by releasing these recordings & their fans (who are also aging) would greatly appreciate it

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Bucky has that one surrounded,,,could be contractual obligations or disputes in the band themselves about what to release and when. But considering the state of the industry you would think they would be searching their archives for anything that could make money right now...:dunno:

rtbuck

Reaction score
Yeah, LG it could be contractual obligations or they may not own the tapes. ...As you said Still this is the time where the industry could use sales.It's wild too because I'm sure there are many live recording sites out there where fans could find anything they want out there at no cost but the keyword is "Fans" & the only ones that will search for live recordings are fans who I'm sure would rather buy a slick looking official CD with liner notes than downloading an Mp3 of the same concert. If you're a true fan of the band you won't think twice about buying an official release of a rare concert.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I am sure Cosmic would be at the front of the line for any new Queen recording.:D

I mentioned it in another thread, but Elvis Costello released a Double vinyl album recently, along with the CD version. He said "MP3's are great for taking your music with you, but honestly the sound Quality is rubbish." He also went on to say kids growing up with nothing but DL'd songs are forgetting that someone actually created a Physical copy, that is why he pressed a vinyl edition of his new record.(He also laughed and said he made a few 78 rpm vinyl discs just for the fun of it...:D)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I am sure Cosmic would be at the front of the line for any new Queen recording.:D

Especially if it were a live album. ;)

Queen was a world class live band and despite that I've still not heard a live album capture them in it's entirety. Don't get me wrong, I love "Live at the Bowl" and "Live at Wembley '86" is probably the closest I think they've gotten to an ideal live album, but recordings from their earlier years would be simply fantastic to have for me since they only played a number of their songs for two or three tours so many of my favorites were removed from the set list by the time these albums were recorded.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JessKellow

Members online

No members online now.